New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member!! trying to put smashed 02 SS together :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member!! trying to put smashed 02 SS together :)

Hello there !
bought 02 SS almost accidently at the Copart oction )))
it was smashed in front... needed new bumper, fenders, lights, hood, windshield, dash (air bags blew) and radiator support .. got everything but the hood, headlights and a dash, so whoever got any of those .. let me know what u want.
i would greatly appriciate if someone could tell me where the hose from secondary air pump goes. One end thats closer to the back of the engine goes to EGR valve and the end in front of the engine goes ... ?

posting pic of how the car looked like when i bought it )
Attached Thumbnails New member!! trying to put smashed 02 SS together :)-camaro.jpg   New member!! trying to put smashed 02 SS together :)-camaro2.jpg   New member!! trying to put smashed 02 SS together :)-camaro3.jpg   New member!! trying to put smashed 02 SS together :)-camaro4.jpg  
Old 09-22-2010, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was an air pump under the front driver's head light that it went to. Looking at the pics, it doesn't appear to be there any longer. If you aren't trying to pass emissions, you can just remove that system from the car...

Jon
Old 09-22-2010, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Best of luck putting it back together, these 4th gen Fbody's just aren't the same after they've been wrecked.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zachrywd_01TA
Best of luck putting it back together, these 4th gen Fbody's just aren't the same after they've been wrecked.
thats for sure. some lady hit my z28 last year and im still trying to fit all the news parts together. its a pain. but good luck! looks like a nice car otherwise
Old 09-22-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
There was an air pump under the front driver's head light that it went to. Looking at the pics, it doesn't appear to be there any longer. If you aren't trying to pass emissions, you can just remove that system from the car...

Jon
I live in detroit, here is no such a thing as emissions). but just trying to put it back together how it was. I might take it off after all. Yet, it just bugs me, i work as a mechanic, and can't find where one end goes to. like the pump i put back in place already, its got 2 hoses running off of it, one goes to egr( at the back of the engine and the other hose runs in front of the engine and idk where it hooks up!!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by zachrywd_01TA
I agree, no car drives the same after its been wrecked ! Its just i saw it up for sale with 29k miles, it ran and everything...
the miles got me! couldnt pass it !!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check out this thread. Post 32 might help a little.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...-question.html
Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed

Jon
... additionally

The AIR system is just there to help the CATS get up to operating temperature. It isn't necessarily going to fail an emissions test unless you test the car from a cold start.