Sponsored by:

new to the ls1 motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new to the ls1 motors

I just bought a 1998 ls1 c5 vette.

it has b&b bullitt exhaust and intake right now.
i plan on ordering headers and a mid pipe within the next week. so please give me some suggestions on the best brand. price is no problem, i want quality and the best sound.

i picked out cams, and i know everything i need. just give me info on where to get the best products.

im getting the texas speed cam package, which includes whatever camshaft i want, i chose the MS4 with a 112 lsa, PRC platnum spring kit (i dont know if i should upgrade to the .675" lift EHT spring kit), and pushrods ( i have no idea what length is optimal for me, they offer a 7.40", a 7.35", a 7.375" and a 7.425")

i need to find a good place to buy a crank bolt and seal
oil pump
timing chain

and that should be in for the cam, if there is anything else for that please let me know...

also, can i run the car without a tune after the install of the cam until i find a corvette tuner around me?

and where can i find a snake tongue intake?
Old 10-02-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can get about anything you need at TSP or the WS6 store ,or a vendor listed to the right.>>>>>>>.get a comp cam trunnion bearing for the stock rockers.get at least a ls6 intake or a fast 90/92 mm intake.read alot more before you start buying parts.the ms4 is a a pretty radical street cam.you need a big stall and lots of rear gear to make it work.how many miles on the motor?what rear gears?auto or manual?do alot more research before buying.big cam dose not equal fast car.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garygnu
you can get about anything you need at TSP or the WS6 store ,or a vendor listed to the right.>>>>>>>.get a comp cam trunnion bearing for the stock rockers.get at least a ls6 intake or a fast 90/92 mm intake.read alot more before you start buying parts.the ms4 is a a pretty radical street cam.you need a big stall and lots of rear gear to make it work.how many miles on the motor?what rear gears?auto or manual?do alot more research before buying.big cam dose not equal fast car.
22k on motor. all original miles. 6 spd. i plan on buying 3.93's or 4.10's. i wanna get a ls6 intake manifold.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

id look into ARH LTs. i imagine theyre available for c5s.

i wouldnt drive much with a big cam and stock tune.