Sponsored by:

window guide roller???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default window guide roller???

Hey guys,
I need to know where i can get a window guide roller for my 98 camaro. It is for the rear track. I went to the dealership and tried to explain it to the guy, he had no clue so i turn to you guys. It is what holds the window clamp (what holds onto the glass of the window) to the track towards the rear of the car. It is a black round peice that slides up and down inside the track, and in the center is a metal peice that sitcks out and goes through a hole in the metal window clamp. I need that peice, and i believe it is called a window guide roller, now hopefully someone here knows where i can get one. Or at least knows what i am talking about so i don't feel so crazy. thanks.
-Kyle
Old 02-12-2004, 11:09 PM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is called the window regulator.
They should have them in stock....
Old 02-13-2004, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

No the regulator is the metal arm and stuff at the bottom. The post is asking about the rubber-like thing at the back of the window. If it fell out its at the bottom of the door. Just take off the door trim and put the rubber guide back into place. It just squeezes into place. There is no roller as far as I can recall. It is just a track in which the window slides up and down.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can you point it out in here:
http://2kthunder.tripod.com/Window.gif
Old 02-13-2004, 08:40 PM
wrencher

Originally Posted by clotus
It is a black round peice that slides up and down inside the track, and in the center is a metal peice that sitcks out and goes through a hole in the metal window clamp.
Ok re-read the post, the piece goes on the edge of the glass correct?
The dealer should be able to put up a picture of everything in that door BTW.
It sounds like a guide clip.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the input, but it seems no one really gets what i am trying to say. I think that i am unclear, but its hard to explain. I went to the site posted above and there was nothing there. Tom L Busby is right, it is the black peice that slides up and down in the metal track, but it also has a "rod" sticking out of it that hold the window clamp(which holds the glass) to the black piece inside the track. This is what broke, the metal rod so the window is no longer attached to track, so if I put it down it won't go back up correctly. I hope this clears it up a little more, maybe??? Man, i dunno. Thanks for all the help so far though guys, i appreciate it, and the people in this forum kick a$$!!!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 02:30 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by clotus
Thanks for all the input, but it seems no one really gets what i am trying to say. I think that i am unclear, but its hard to explain. I went to the site posted above and there was nothing there. Tom L Busby is right, it is the black peice that slides up and down in the metal track, but it also has a "rod" sticking out of it that hold the window clamp(which holds the glass) to the black piece inside the track. This is what broke, the metal rod so the window is no longer attached to track, so if I put it down it won't go back up correctly. I hope this clears it up a little more, maybe??? Man, i dunno. Thanks for all the help so far though guys, i appreciate it, and the people in this forum kick a$$!!!!!
How about you take a picture of it in and out of the track and post it? Also take those pictures with you to your dealership. That might help clear things up.

Good luck,
Craig.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, the image isnt hotlinking. Sometimes they do, other times they dont.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://2kthunder.tripod.com/i42543.html
There, I made a page, just ignore the rest. It is a pretty confusing diagram, but if you can pick out the part, I can give you name and number.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

If it is connected at, or to, the bottom stuff that works like a lever and slides it is part of the regulator, and you will have to buy a new regulator. The the rubber stuff that I was describing bangs off if you slam the door too hard. The rollers you are talking about sound different, to me.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, I will have to pull my door panel off and take some pics, of what i am talking about. I have looked at that diagram many times and have not been able to pick it out. Maybe i am just not getting it, I really am not that stupid guy, honest. So pics will be on the way hopefully tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help guys.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

No, your not stupid, it gets pretty hard to read them when the have every bolt accounted for.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, I know it has been almost 3 weeks since I last posted saying I would post some pics of this damn piece. Well it has finally stopped raining every time I had some free time and took some pics. I posted the at http://www.cardomain.com/id/clotus on page 3. Please someone help me figure this out, I am a windows down kind of guy and its starting to get hot. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Gosh I would like to help but even with the pictures it doesn't jog my memory from when I had my door off. I guess that the track your pictures focused on is a track for the regulator (the term that GM uses for the scissors-arms that raise the window) and the black button-slider is a small part of the regulator. You can't buy part of a regulator from GM. I suggest you go to a junkyard and look for your part, but it may not be possible to pull it off the regulator without breaking it.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Does the roller button thing in your pictures connect to and through the window glass? I think that it does. If so it is part of the window not the regulator, and maybe you need to get a new window from GM, a windshield store, or a junkyard.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

It goes through a metal bracket that is attached to the window, maybe through the glass, but i doubt it. Either way, looking at it earlier today I think that it may be part of the window, and i was afraid that I would need an entire new window. Anyone else have a cheaper answer?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

come on, someone must know what part this is, and if i can get just this one part, please, I miss runnin my windows down and its starting to get hot here.
The following users liked this post:
Bruce Guillaume (11-23-2023)

Quick Reply: window guide roller???