Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a 2002 NBM WS6 6-Speed..... :D

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bought a 2002 NBM WS6 6-Speed..... :D

I have been out of the game for a few years..... Im not new to these cars as I had twin Black WS6 cars about 5 years ago....a 02 M6 and a 2000 A4. Sold them and missed the 6-speed car pretty bad. I always wanted a NBM WS6 and decided a few weeks ago I was going to buy one..... So I did! Here are a few pics....Im super excited and making plans for Hot Rod Power Tour now There is a pretty good group/club here in Indy and going to have some fun with these guys also!

I posted a for sale thread in the classifieds....the wheels are for sale or trade. Going back stock or TT II's

Old 05-10-2011, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a nice car very clean congrats
Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks cool, its just missing some lowering springs.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Nice Ws6!!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

nice ride, any mods...or planned mods
Old 05-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kcs02ta
Looks like a nice car very clean congrats
Thanks chief! Im very excited

Originally Posted by Empatho
Looks cool, its just missing some lowering springs.
Thanks bro! I was thinking about some lowering springs. I wanted to research them on here a little bit. I have some questions about the ride and rubbing etc. Have any info to share?

Originally Posted by dee99gt
Nice Ws6!!
Thanks bro! My next choice was white Nice Z!

Originally Posted by mhorn0817
nice ride, any mods...or planned mods
Thanks bro! It has pace setter long tubes on it, texas speed off road Y, cross drilled and slotted rotors. I think it needs a tune??? Runs good, but just idles up and down kinda weird when your not on the gas. when your rowing thru the gears she runs great!

I was thinking about lowering springs as mentioned earlier.

I REALLY want to figure out how/if I can put C6 Z06 brakes on the car. Help here would be nice

I think I want to put TT II's on it..... but need to figure out my brakes before I do wheels....

CAI probably coming as well.

Open for suggestions!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heres what it will look like lowered and with stock wheels...

And to address the brakes, why exactly do you want Z06 brakes? I actually came to the conclusion not to get them myself after years of wanting to upgrade to them. I asked myself, "Why do I want to get them?"

Do I frequent circuit tracks where after multiple hot laps my stock brakes will start to fade?

No, only track I go to is the drag strip.

Do I feel the car is having trouble stoping at the end of the quarter mile or in daily driving?

No, stock brakes seem great.

Pretty much the only reason I wanted the brakes is to tell people "I have Z06 brakes" At that conclusion I found out my money could be better spent else where. If you really feel your stock brakes aren't up to snuff a good brake pad will do wonders. If you think it needs a tune I'd wait until you have your last bolt ons/ maybe cam done then get it tuned.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good man, NBM is a badass color! Really, really looks incredible when clean. You're going to love it.

But yeah, first thing I'd do is try to go back to some stock wheels before you do anything else. The stockers would make it look tons cleaner.

TheBlueKnight's exact wheel/stance setup would look absolutely sick on your car.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice car. i agree about going with different rims.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Heres what it will look like lowered and with stock wheels...

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1305073127

And to address the brakes, why exactly do you want Z06 brakes? I actually came to the conclusion not to get them myself after years of wanting to upgrade to them. I asked myself, "Why do I want to get them?"

Do I frequent circuit tracks where after multiple hot laps my stock brakes will start to fade?

No, only track I go to is the drag strip.

Do I feel the car is having trouble stoping at the end of the quarter mile or in daily driving?

No, stock brakes seem great.

Pretty much the only reason I wanted the brakes is to tell people "I have Z06 brakes" At that conclusion I found out my money could be better spent else where. If you really feel your stock brakes aren't up to snuff a good brake pad will do wonders. If you think it needs a tune I'd wait until you have your last bolt ons/ maybe cam done then get it tuned.
That looks sweet! Yea....guess Im going to lower it I love NBM.

Ok... so on the brakes. The reason I wanted big brakes is because I was thinking about "Auto Crossing" the car some. Dont know if I need better brakes for this or not?? But if I did go with C6 Z06 brakes, Im sure a 17" wheel wont clear the brakes. Sooo I guess I have to figure this all out. You think I need better than stock brakes to auto cross? Thanks again!

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
Looking good man, NBM is a badass color! Really, really looks incredible when clean. You're going to love it.

But yeah, first thing I'd do is try to go back to some stock wheels before you do anything else. The stockers would make it look tons cleaner.

TheBlueKnight's exact wheel/stance setup would look absolutely sick on your car.
Thanks man! I do love the color But I also love the fact its a WS6 M6 car! These were all requirements when buying another 4th gen. NBM was top choice for color.... Had to be a 2002 (last year for the TA). Had to be a WS6. Had to be a M6 car. Wanted a low mile, clean, mostly unmolested car. This car fit the bill perfectly for me. Pulled the trigger and have no regrets!

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
nice car. i agree about going with different rims.
Thanks bro! Yea...the rims just dont cut it for me....gotta go. Can all you guys keep a eye out for some stock rims please! If I dont hear of anything soon, going to go with some TT II's. They look sweet on this car as well!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are going to autocross most guys just go with stock blanks and hawks pads.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

If you are going to autocross most guys just go with stock blanks and hawks pads.
Sorry, but what do you mean by "stock blanks" ?
Old 05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stock blank rotors. (no slots or drilling)
Old 05-10-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed. Throw in some good fluid and maybe some stainless brake lines and it'll transform your brakes 100% (along with the good rotors and good pads, of course).
Old 05-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Stock blank rotors. (no slots or drilling)
Now I feel stupid.... I know what you are talking about. Thanks again!

So.... no slotting or drilling huh? Well, if this is the case then I need to get me some wheels

Last edited by daytonayellaz; 05-10-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only thing I would say about the blanks, is avoid "stock replacement" blanks, go with something a little higher quality, such as Brembo blanks (or Napa Ultra Premium blanks, I've had very good luck with them so far, and they're cheaper than Brembo).
Old 05-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Teching In

damn i miss my NBM Ws6. great looking car bro
Old 05-11-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, I forgot to say, nice 300ex you got back there. My cousin had one back in like 98'? We thought that thing was so fast, it used to blow away our neighbor's Blaster. Then in 2000 I got a 400ex and that was like OMG the king of the hill, and now my 400ex is a turd compared to all the new quads out.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
The only thing I would say about the blanks, is avoid "stock replacement" blanks, go with something a little higher quality, such as Brembo blanks (or Napa Ultra Premium blanks, I've had very good luck with them so far, and they're cheaper than Brembo).
Ok..Thanks! I will check these out

Originally Posted by TurboTerrorLS
damn i miss my NBM Ws6. great looking car bro
Thanks Turbo! I feel your pain bro! I sold my Black 02 WS6 a few years ago and could never get it out of my head. So I got tired of mising the car and bought this one. Maybe when the time is right you will get another one

Oh, I forgot to say, nice 300ex you got back there. My cousin had one back in like 98'? We thought that thing was so fast, it used to blow away our neighbor's Blaster. Then in 2000 I got a 400ex and that was like OMG the king of the hill, and now my 400ex is a turd compared to all the new quads out.
Lol.... Thanks bro! This one is a 98, I bought it new. Your right...I thought it was all that back then! It may not be the fastest thing out (I bought a 99 Banshee new also and it about killed me! Whole other story) but its been a good reliable machine! I just had finished rolling my lawn with it and didnt bother to move it for the pics. I will never sell it, they dont sell for very much and its worth more to me to just keep it. My brother bought a 400ex new and those are way faster than my 300. I wouldnt mind buying a 400 to ride and put the wife on the 300. I just bought my 4 year old a suzuki lt50 and he loves it!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only quad I've ever lost to in a drag race is my friend's Banshee. I remember riding his Banshee and it would bog when you punched it at low RPMs but when it started going higher in the RPMs it would scream. I've always wanted one. The 300EX would definetely be a good quad for the misses. Here's me on my 400ex, bought killed myself a few times on it as well...

And the wife, I'd never let her actually ride it or she'd probably kill herself...

Sorry to derail this thread, back on track, get modding!

Quick Reply: Bought a 2002 NBM WS6 6-Speed..... :D