New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel injector problems LS1 to LS@ swap

Old 05-22-2011, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injector problems LS1 to LS@ swap

I am currently building a FFR GTM kit car and I am using an LS2 engine and a converted LS1 engine harness and a PCM from an 01 vette. I have done everything that I have read about doing an LS1 to LS2 swap. I am having a few problems.

when I try to start the engine the furl injectors will all spray twice and then stop. They wont spray after those two quick sprays.

and

My fuel rail pressure is about 20psi and I believe its the regulator because I kinked the return from the new filter and the pressure shot up above 80. I believe it has to be above 58.

My fuel pump gets only about 9volts and will only run when the key is in the start position. I am pretty sure I wired everything right but, I could be wrong. I have been rechecking everything.

I didnt know if anyone could give me a list of potential reasons why the fuel injectors only fire twice and then stop.

let me know if you need any more info
Old 05-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Since you didn't mention it, did you have the VATS removed on the PCM?
If not you might want to get that done, cause nothing will work or run unless that's done.

If you have:
Yes fuel pressure needs to at least be at 58psi. Are you using the vette filter/pressure regulator set-up or an in-tank return set-up like the f-bodies?

You need to get 12v to your fuel pump, 9v is not enough. Put a relay inline and run power straight from the battery or just buy a fuel pump hot wire kit.

Fuel pump should prime the fuel system went you turn the key to on and then go silent till you start the car.

Last edited by NightKid#2; 05-23-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 AM

Thanks

Oh yes I have removed the VATS
all the parts I am using is from a 2001 C5 vette except the engine.

The fuel pump is wired into the right plug. A12 on under the fuse panel. but it seems like the computer only turns it on when starting. I have bypassed all of that and power the fuel pump straight from the battery so it is powered by 12v and it stays running the entire time while Key is in the on position.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel injector problems LS1 to LS@ swap