New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bleeder valve?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleeder valve?

The bleeder for the clutch on 02 camaro z28. I know its supposed to be hard to find but 3 of us couldn't find it. There I a braided line that runs out of the tranny to the cylinder right by where the valve is supposed to be. Is that possibly the tick aftermarket hose?
Old 05-25-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the bleeder valve is right above that hose connection,, You have to reach in the hole to find it, it does not stick out of the bellhousing. Its gotta be one of the lamest engineering ideas to go into production.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RARON455
the bleeder valve is right above that hose connection,, You have to reach in the hole to find it, it does not stick out of the bellhousing. Its gotta be one of the lamest engineering ideas to go into production.
Thanks for answering my question. I ended up going the "bleed your clutch yourself" route unfortunately. But at least its easy now. I would never have found it being that its in a hole. Are the stock clutches fairly strong and able to handle camwork? I wonder if something went out to cause my clutch to stop working. The fluid was black and low but i dont remember if it was at the point where it would cause air to be sucked in. After changing the fluid it seems to be working fine. I wonder if one of the orings on the slave or master went bad to cause the fluid to be black. Or maybe burning the clutch real bad the other day caused this to happen.