Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bbk LT header install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default bbk LT header install?

recently purchased the bbk LT header and y pipe kit mainly bcuz most people have commented on the great clearance, i am wondering if there is an easy way to install headers or these paticular headers on f bodys as i have heard many stories of diffcult installs. also will i need o2 extensions and things like that?
Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need 02 extensions and it's very easy install jack the car up high enough to put the headers through the bottom. My first header install took 5 hrs but my next one was about 1 hr 30 mins. The best way I thought to do it was take out the spark plugs wires and coil packs and it's a straight shot from there
Old 05-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly it depends where you're from. My car spent some time in IL and I had some major rust on the header bolts and the bolt connecting the manifolds to the cats. Breaking those free took A LOT of time.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, I would be sooooo proud of myself if I install headers myself, that's dedication imo lol. If I end up doing it myself, is there any welding involved? For example the y-pipe connecting to the i-pipe? Or is it all direct bolt on's?

Quick Reply: bbk LT header install?