New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C busted, recommended replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C busted, recommended replacement?

My '99 T/A's A/C is busted, and at this time it seems that multiple parts (compressor included) would need to be replaced. This got me thinking, I live in Miami, Florida and the A/C never did quite keep up with the heat. I'm wondering if anyone had the A/C upgraded at some point to make it colder than it came from the factory, and if so, what were the specific components brands/parts used, or if you can offer any sort of advice. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

factory a/c should have kept up in the first place. what year did you buy it and how many miles were on it?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received my car from the shop. the ac is crazy cold in a 113 degrees day! i replaced my compressor, drier, the lil filter i dont know what is it called ( the one in the T joints) and i cleaned my condenser ( i cant find new one where i live ). i live in middle east, camaro parts are VERY rare so i went with aftermarket compressor. if i live in the US id def. get oem compressor or at least a used one that is proven to work (if you cant affoard new)! good luck.

PS: properly functions ac should never need an upgrade! as i mentioned i live in middle east, temps at 1 pm reach 113F + humidity and i cant be happier with my current car ac