New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a Cam sensor cause these issues?! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a Cam sensor cause these issues?! HELP!

So i thought my cats were clogging things up and causing backfires and power issues.

Headers and ORY are installed and tuned and I still have heavy misfiring issues.
We seem to think its the cam sensor based on how its acting after checking everything else out

Does anybody know if a cam sensor would do this to a car and for what reasons? Just want to try to double check this before proceeding with more work

** Some More information**

In every gear the car will start misfiring, even as early as 2500 rpm sometimes. Most of the time ends up stalling on the dyno. Sounds like a spit and putter all the way up the rpm range. Before they dyno we found out ALL of my engine codes were tuned out. Turned them back on and not showing any codes. Put it on they dyno and the TACH ended up not working anymore which i've read to be a cam sensor. I'm curious though will a cam sensor cause this misfiring??

Taking it home after the install work and I end up stalling it due to the same problem. Throws no engine code though.

Last edited by ripgtp97; 06-29-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure you didn't crack a plug or break the inside of a plug wire. When they get old they can break inside but look fine on the outside.

A scan tool will tell you. Usually another CPS symptom is hard cold starts too.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put new plugs and wires in with the header/ory install so i know thats not the problem. Also ran the car under a different cars ECU, still doing it as well.

Quick Reply: Will a Cam sensor cause these issues?! HELP!