New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Moser 9" in, few questions.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Moser 9" in, few questions.

Hey guys, recently got a new Moser 9" with 4.30s, a Detroit Locker, and 31-spline axles. Also got a PST aluminum DS. Everything seems alright except for a few issues.

-The bumpstops rub the **** out of my rear wheels now (17x11 with 315 tires and Sportlines). Can I just cut out the bumpstops? It's really annoying.

-Lots of noise from the rear, but people say that's the nature of a Locker.

-When the car is in the air on stands, there's no slack on the DS where it goes into the tranny. I was told the DS should be hanging out of the tranny about an inch or so when the car is lifted up, but mine is very snug in there. Is this good or bad?

-The whole rear sits to the left about an inch. I have an adjustable BMR panhard rod, but that only centers it so much. Just ordered UMI double adjustable LCAs, so hopefully that'll sort it out.

-Finally, the weird issue. My car feels "laggy" now sometimes. I'll be on the throttle say about 1/2 way, and it feels "meh". Then all of a sudden the power will kick in. Then again, this was with the AC on, I haven't driven my car with the new Moser without the AC fired up (just got tinted windows and haven't been able to put them down). Is the car being boggy like this due to the AC being on? I really hope nothing is wrong with my new rear.

Just looking for some input and reassurance. Thanks guys.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The Moser 9" never sits centered in the car, side to side or back to forward. So getting some adjustable suspension items will cure this and is a must. Once you get the rear end centered a lot of other things will fall into place better.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone else? I'm really ill right now and the only thing that lightens me up is the thought of driving my car when I get better. But when I think of that, I have these issues.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My drive shaft I had to pry out of the 3rd member after I got mine. I am, taking a 1.5 out of it. TO tight for my liking.

There is no way with out measuring for a drive shaft that anyone can say this DS will work.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

Well, hopefully when I get the adjustable LCAs it'll pull everything into place, lining up my rear and pulling the DS back a bit. The DS I ordered from Bob @ BruteSpeed is designed specifically for our cars with Moser 9" assemblies.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

i have a moser 9 inch in my car, ur rear gets raised an inch from it being bigger axle tubes, ether do heater hose mod or adjust ur pan hard bar, the lockers are burtal, id get it looked at too by a professional also cause i ignored mine thinking it was bieng a locker and it ended up being defective and not locking right on one side so it was extra clunky and shitty lol, tru tracs are awesome btw

Search this Thread