Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D585 Truck coil swap ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default D585 Truck coil swap ?

I found a good set of truck coils for a very good price, my only kicker is what all do I need to swap them bad boys over? I did a search but IDK how accurate this is

The truck coil brackets are 10457736, 2 needed.
The LS2 wiring harnesses are 12601824, 2 needed.
The coils are 10457730 (AC D585), 8 needed.

If anyone has done this before please chime in with anything else to consider
Old 09-06-2011, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

You don't need anything if they are complete on the rails. You will have to bend your fuel line or make some small offset brackets.

Any reason you are considering this? Having personally tried them out, I do not recommend it.

I tested with some I got for free and ended up selling them for $140. They made zero difference of any sort (other than an initial mental thing similar to a freshly washed car or fresh oil change) and look goofy in comparison to the ls1 or square truck coils. That coupled with having to bend the line and get them mounted and it's a small pain in the butt for no good reason. If you just have to have them, I would consider a coil relocation at the same time.

Not sure what you consider a good price though, might be worth having just to keep extra coils around in case of emergency. Otherwise, put the money towards an underdrive pulley.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
You don't need anything if they are complete on the rails. You will have to bend your fuel line or make some small offset brackets.

Any reason you are considering this? Having personally tried them out, I do not recommend it.

I tested with some I got for free and ended up selling them for $140. They made zero difference of any sort (other than an initial mental thing similar to a freshly washed car or fresh oil change) and look goofy in comparison to the ls1 or square truck coils. That coupled with having to bend the line and get them mounted and it's a small pain in the butt for no good reason. If you just have to have them, I would consider a coil relocation at the same time.

Not sure what you consider a good price though, might be worth having just to keep extra coils around in case of emergency. Otherwise, put the money towards an underdrive pulley.
I saw your write up, I jus thought it was too good to pass up for $65. They are the ones w/ the heatsinks. I haven't heard any negatives about having them, and I thought it would be a good supporting mod for future applications along with decent reliability.

Believe me I want a UDP, however I think $200+ (plus the belt) for a new one is asking a little too much .. but a UDP is definitely on my wheelin' and dealin' to-do list
Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep an eye out, I had to have the corvette style which come around a lot less often and got it for $120. Bolt is $4 from GM and belt was $20. Noticeable gain that was track proven.

For $65 I would get them too. But I would either store them, or sell them for a profit on here. You could turn that $65 into $120-150 pretty easy. Mine sold in a couple days.

Unless forced induction is in your future they are not going to help you.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Keep an eye out, I had to have the corvette style which come around a lot less often and got it for $120. Bolt is $4 from GM and belt was $20. Noticeable gain that was track proven.

For $65 I would get them too. But I would either store them, or sell them for a profit on here. You could turn that $65 into $120-150 pretty easy. Mine sold in a couple days.

Unless forced induction is in your future they are not going to help you.
I'll take ur advice, I'll jus save up for a UDP
Old 09-07-2011, 12:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i have them......i like them....any LS motor i have will get them
Old 10-05-2011, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so someone looking for a diff coil regaurdless of why what are the ones to have as far as the truck coils go. not looking to change wiring. Im ok with a little bending here and there. ??

Quick Reply: D585 Truck coil swap ?