Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust and cam question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust and cam question?

i need some suggestions, exhaust will be the first thing i do to my goat, considering im coming from a loud mustang, mine is stock and pretty quiet, and i need to disturb the silence. any suggestions? obvious answer would def be borla (as ive heard it, and had it on my last mustang), but it is a bit pricey, so i was looking at slp. also, ive never cammed a car, any good advice on what cam to get? links? thanks guys!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

as far as ur cam question it depends on what u want theres a couple stickys about it as far as exhaust goes nothing in louder than the true duals or do what i did and get cutouts on my collectors so im pretty much running open header. i have the borla catback system and it sounds nice but its not as loud as i wanted it to be hence the open header. if u dont want open header or true duals get an slp loudmouth catback and enjoy
Old 09-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by usnfenix
as far as ur cam question it depends on what u want theres a couple stickys about it as far as exhaust goes nothing in louder than the true duals or do what i did and get cutouts on my collectors so im pretty much running open header. i have the borla catback system and it sounds nice but its not as loud as i wanted it to be hence the open header. if u dont want open header or true duals get an slp loudmouth catback and enjoy
id def go with open headers and i mean, im just not as educated on cams so thats why i ask.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MY GTSLO
id def go with open headers and i mean, im just not as educated on cams so thats why i ask.
I currently run open headers on my car. Is an open cutout with off road y . Its pretty loud but not really too loud. However with a cam an electric cutout would be optimal so you can close it if a cop is around.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you cam your car stay away from systems with bullet mufflers theyll be raspy as hell and get annoying real quick. Ive got a magnaflow and a cutout and its the best of both worlds. I had a rumbler before and it sucked.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as the cam goes tho a buddy of mine had a magnaflow and a cutout and had a thunder racing 228/228 112 lsa cam and it sounded amazing and made great power. Im going with a 224 224 112 lsa but still will sound amazing