Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick starter (wire) question on 00 Trans

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 05:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick starter (wire) question on 00 Trans

It has been about 8 months since I ripped my LS out, and I am basically going off of memory and bad labeling for putting my harness back together, this is my only concern pretty much. The way the wire harness was trained to go, it looks like a ground from the battery goes onto the third post on the starter? The post that connects the starter to itself? I can't believe this would be right, there is a spot that looks like it MIGHT have been grounded too above the exhaust manifold on a nice little ledge type of deal. But i'm not sure. (nd there is a bolt there that is half way turned in so I think that's where it went) Just double checking. I'm hitting the sack. Thanks guys! sorry for the dumb question lol
Old 09-17-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe the Ground from the Battery attaches to the Starter anywhere. The Ground does however attach to the block on the Passenger side just below the Manifold/Header similar to the place you mentioned.

You should have a Positive Cable coming from the Battery to the Starter and a second smaller wire, which, at the moment, I'm not sure where it comes from, but I know it attaches to the smaller post on the starter.

Hope this helps. Good luck getting your ride back together!