Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

missfire problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default missfire problem

im posting this for my brother sence i guess he cant post on here yet...

hey guys im new to the ls series motors. i know misfire has been well covered but havent seen any like mine. i have a 99 ta ls1 mods are. k&n drop in, ebay headers, truduals hpipe with magna flow bullets, diablo sport tuner, and some suspension work. i ran the live datta on my diblo tunner and im getting cyl 1 3 5 7 missfiring. when i pull the plugs, one bank is rich and the other is normal. what can this be? motor runs strong. feels normal on high way and at WOT, but i feels the mis on every stop light. sometime it wants to shut off.

now, iv recently did full tune up to the car to see if the problem went away. NOTHING... swapped plugs with ngk tr5's, oil change with mobile one full syn, cleaned the k&n filter, and replaced the fuel filter. plugs are gapped. dont remember now but i think to .50

any help will be appreciated. thanks in advanced!

i posted this yesterday and i think it got deleted.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:23 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you tried swapping the coils to see if the problem follows where you swap them? cylinders 1 3 5 7 are all on the driver side so maybe you are having a problem with the wiring going to your coil packs? Those would be my two guesses based on the issues you are seeing.