Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Camaro & Trans AM

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Camaro & Trans AM

If you fire up a stock LS1 on Camaro & TA you can easily tell it sounds louder and has more rumble on the TA. There has to be something different. Anyone here knows that can explain if there is something different put on them?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it depends if the camaro you are hearing is a z28 and the T/A is a WS6 edition.. Both the SS and the WS6 models come with a more free flowing exhaust system from the factory i believe... Some one correct me if im wrong.. But should sound relatively the same
Old 09-26-2011, 03:30 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,071 Posts

There is absolutely no difference at all. The LS1 engine and exhaust system found in a base Formula/Trans Am and in a Z28 is exactly the same model year for model year.

As stated above, the SS and WS6 have a different stock muffler and tail pipes than the Formula/TA/Z28, so if you are comparing a stock Z28 to a stock WS6, then you might notice a bit of difference. But a stock SS compared to a stock WS6 would be and sound exactly the same.

Then you also have the SLP dual/dual that was optional on SS and standard on Firehawk. So this would also cause a different exhaust note when compared to a base model LS1.

And finally, you have the potential of modded exhaust. These cars are getting older now, and many of them have been modded, so if you hear a noticeable difference between the exhaust note of two LS1 cars, it's very possibile that at least one has a modded exhaust.