Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Idle questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Idle questions

I have a 2005 GTO LS2 that I've recently installed in a 70 Camaro. It currently has 24k on the motor. Right before the donor car was wrecked, the motor got a new cam and torque converter. I had Speartech modify the wiring harness for the car and the motor runs good and pulls hard. My only issue with the motor is the idle speed. Currently it runs about about 1010 RPM when cold and 890 when warm. That seems too high and I checked with Speartech who confirmed that the idle was set in the computer to 840. Speartech suspected something else was going on but I'm at a loss to know what. I suspected possibly a vacuum leak, but I can find nothing. I did put headers on the car - it had manifolds when I got it, but I don't think that would affect the idle RPM. Can anyone out there with more experience give me some suggestions where to look? I do not have any tuner software, but I expect I will need the HP tuner SW before it's all over.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:11 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd verify the idle speed is set that way in the computer, even though that shop says so. Did Speartech install the motor also?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes - I would like to verify the setting, but didn't really want to spend the $600 bucks for HPTuner if I didn't have to. SpearTech has programmed the computers and had been fabulous to work with. I cannot say enough good things about these guys. They did not install the motor... They are happy to reprogram the computer, but I installed it under the dash and it would be easier to make the changes myself rather than take the car apart to send the computer back.

Quick Reply: LS2 Idle questions