Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 06:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump recommendations

Just picked up an LM7 for my project and am going to need a fuel pump - I am thinking i would like to run an external pump. Do you guys have any suggestions? The motor will be stock

Thanks in advance
Bob
Old 12-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Teching In

34 people have viewed this and no one can recommend a fuel pump ?? I have hear of the walbro but this is my first experience with a fuel injected setup so I could use the advice - and yes I have searched the forums but not fining the answers

ok, would anyone happen to know what russell performance fitting goes on the stock fuel rail? it appears to be like the 640850 but i am not sure if I should use 6-an or 8 an. I think -6 should be fine for a stock application

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...fuel-efi.shtml
Old 12-18-2011, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its because most of us are not running an external fuel pump, much more common to use in tank setups for us, because the plumbing issues are already taken care of. If you want an in tank, theres plenty of options, walbro, Lonnies, etc. Why are you wanting to go the external route? Is this some kind of swap application?
Old 12-18-2011, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I used an internal racetronix direct fit that kept the Venturi system in tact. Worked great and super easy to install.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Teching In

honestly i just assumed i would have to run an external, I did notice on the stock tank it does have a ring that holds the current sending unit in it (so maybe an internal could work) - this is a swap into a 66 chevy van (i need to measure the depth of the tank) but frankly dont even know if i will use this tank I just figured going external would allow me lots of options tank wise.

I plan on minitubbing the van so not sure what i am going to have for room (tankwise), so for now at least, i think external is probably my safest bet and i am in a bit of a hurry to get this motor fired up (outside of the van) just to make sure all is cool (bought the motor from a junkyard and need to make sure all is good while i have a short period of a warranty)

so i will take all advice you guys are willing to share