Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Truck Knowledge/Input

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Truck Knowledge/Input

So I am debating on buying this truck or not. I don't have much knowledge in automatics although I have split open a few Manual Trannies...

I would like some knowledge/advice for such a setup as I have never messed w. a stall torque converter...

This is the whole overview of the truck as it sits....

My question is w. the stall and tranny what would the rpm range be at going 70 mph. down the high way

99 silverado 2wd, single cab stepside. 6.0 swap with stage 2 317 heads, milled, 10.5:1 compression, big custom ground comp cam, comp chromemoly pushrods, ARP rod bolts, custom 4" cold air intake, 180 degree thermostat, 255 walbro fuel pump in tank, 8.1L injectors, new NGK plugs and low mileage coils, new battery, electric fans wired into the PCM, new 02 sensors and a 2010 camaro engine cover. Performabuilt level 2 transmission, circle D 3600 stall, 3.73 gears with locker, rebuilt and painted driveshaft, new rotors and ceramic pads. Abosolutely no leaks anywhere on this truck it is extremely clean. Billet Boyd coddington 17" timeless 6 wheels with forged centers, with goodyear eagle r/sa 255s in front, dunlop 275 in back with good tread.. Doug Thorley tri-y nickle plated headers, true duals, exhaust cutouts, bassani stainless x-pipe, stainless steel magnaflows dumped in front of rear axle. Cowl hood, tahoe grill with trenz billet emblem, custom cut billet antenna, trenz billet side steps, trenz billet brushed 3rd brake light cover, roll pan with LED lights, street scene mirrors with LED turn signals that are colormatched, colormatched door handle pieces with chrome handles, tinted tailights, and colormatched bumper cap and air dam. the paint on this truck is in great shape especially for a 12 year old truck. Has a rollcage, racing seats with harnesses, gauges on the pillar, audiobahn mids and highs, denali gauge cluster, silver and black painted interior with a clarion dvd/cd/mp3 player. 3" coils up front with eccentric bushings and tight within spec alignment, shackle and hanger DJM rear drop kit, new shocks all around that are Monroe, rear sway bar, new balljoints, and new bearings. . Dyno tuned by Vengeance racing, made around 400rwhp, still has power left..
Old 01-04-2012, 04:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a pretty sweet truck. The stall will not effect your rpm's once it's locked up. The gears however will, and the best way to cheak is to put your tire size and gears into a calculator.

Try fbody.org/gears
Old 01-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate your response in so quickly... That I will have to do....
Old 01-04-2012, 04:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question about 70mph... If it has stock gears, exactly like stock. If it has 373s, exhaust like a stock car with 373s.

At around 40-45 converter lock and act identical to stock.

Converters are fun.