New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launching techniques for a stock t/a????

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Launching techniques for a stock t/a????

I need to find a good launching technique for my t/a i have tried just about everything... traction control on/off, launchin from 4k, 2k, 2.5k, 1k... tires spin really bad or takes off slow. I have tried paddling the pedal through it, slightly pressing the pedal down till i hook.. but no luck.. I just raced a new mach 1 the other day and embarassed my self of the line..

Im pretty new to driving standard and im guessing my tires really suck *** or im just a really bad driver....

Will Nittos greatly help with tration? Right now i have a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE730s there pretty good weather tires but they suck for street racing....
Old 03-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

The Nittos will help big time but the stock clutch and rear dont like 4k dumps w\ traction. And since you have a Spec stg3 in already the rear is now your weaklink so be carefull if you get some tracton.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

The nittos will help, i have potenza's on my car and the last time i raced, i peeled until 5th gear. As long as you have those tires, there isnt much you can do to improve your launch. I'd say just go to like 3k and drag the clutch out until you can go WOT.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:02 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not very good at launching my M6 cars, however here's the technique I use:

During time trials, I experiment with different RPM levels, simply dumping the clutch at that launch RPM after a proper burnout. I don't slip it, I just side step. For different tires and different tracks ( or even the same track on a different day) you are going to hook differently.

Get it down to where you are just barely spinning at launch. Bogging is bad for your clutch and driveline, so you want a little spin. If you have a buddy at the track, have him watch your launch.

Nitto 555R's will be a lot better than your street Potenzas