Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Hooker headers??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Installing Hooker headers??

I'm about to order some Hooker Headers and wanted to know how hard is it to install them on a 98...any tips...tricks....anything would be helpful to make install go smoother... ...are they harder to install than the Macs?...We installed some Macs on a 02 Firehawk and it was a pain....just wondering..
Old 03-20-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpz28
I'm about to order some Hooker Headers and wanted to know how hard is it to install them on a 98...any tips...tricks....anything would be helpful to make install go smoother... ...are they harder to install than the Macs?...We installed some Macs on a 02 Firehawk and it was a pain....just wondering..

Check the external engine forum.. there are about 10 posts on this subject alone in the last couple days...
Old 03-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Banned

I suggest that you use a lift when you are installing headers. It will make the process go much quicker. Also you may want to keep in mind that you are most likely going to have to remove the steering linkage in order to get the driver's side header in.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Banned

Also, take a look at this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/87186-how-websites-thread.html Browse the links that people have provided and you'll be able to find all the information that you need to know and then some. It's a sticky that's in this forum.