Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light problem!!!!

Ok so My 2000 ws6 ls1 has had a bad loud valvetrain noise sense I had it and was messing around earlier trying to find it and just to see what it would to I unhooked a spark plug wire and saw no check engine light waited a few and pulled another plug wire and still no light, waited a few and then unhooked the tps then started unplugging everything until it just died and it never set the light, I know it's there with the key and it has been set by the clutch position before.....did the previous owner turn it off with a tune to hide something or what, I know it needs a tune cause it has a cam and sometimes will serge at start up and die....And about the valvetrain noise I don't think it's just the sowing machine noise cause it's just way too loud!!!!but I guess that's a different topic different day
Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is why you keep the previous owners phone # for awhile....I'd check to see if it's throwing any codes then go from their.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by justin hover
This is why you keep the previous owners phone # for awhile....I'd check to see if it's throwing any codes then go from their.
The previous owner is a auction house and they probably can't tell me much, going to bring home a scanner tomarrow to see what it will tell till then I just wanted some input from other lsx owners