Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few cam question

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few cam question

picked up a 04 cts-v and looking to do a cam swap in it very soon...

have a few questions i have looked and searched for a week now, trying to figure out which way i want to go with it... so a few questions if i may

is there a cam i wouldnt have to swap valve springs with? since mine is the 04 ls6 it has the larger of the factory cams... as in if i got a tr224 or simular since lift is pretty close

i am not looking to break any records with a cam, but i dont want to buy a smaller cam today and wish i would of went bigger in a few weeks, i plan on doing long tubes,and a cold air soon after the cam change, i do want a nice noticeable lope from the cam, and decent dd manners which seems, it shouldnt be a problem with a good tuner

so far on my list of cams in order of what i think i will want or like are
xer273hr-14
xer281hr
tr224 112
tr228

and i sent pat g a pm but havent heard anything back from him, i used him on a lsx build in a fox and loved the cam
Old 02-29-2012, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way you would be safe with stock springs is if you were VERY close to stock lift, and then whats the point of a cam swap? You're going to have the engine pretty far apart, just plan to replace the springs and research what cam is right for what you want to do.