New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick LQ4 question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick LQ4 question

I plan on getting an Lq4 engine from a junkyard to swap into my 69 corvette. I am going to run an LS1 intake and a cable driven throttle body. Do the lq4 engines come with a cable TB and if so can/should i put it on the LS1 intake?

Thanks
n100
Old 03-10-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n100
I plan on getting an Lq4 engine from a junkyard to swap into my 69 corvette. I am going to run an LS1 intake and a cable driven throttle body. Do the lq4 engines come with a cable TB and if so can/should i put it on the LS1 intake?

Thanks
n100
Some are drive by wire, some are cable. Completely depends on what year and what model they come out of. I think the HD trucks '04 and prior are cable, but I'm not positive. I have an LQ4 out of an '03 HD that is cable. I think the vans may be DBW though post '02. Regardless, the TB from an LQ4 will bolt right up to an LS1 intake (everyone will chime in and tell you to spend the extra $300 to get an LS6 intake). A drive by wire set up would be much easier to install if you get all the parts from the donor vehicle, but I personally don't like the feel of a DBW setup as much. Hit up the Hybrids section on here...a lot of swap info to be found there.

Quick Reply: Quick LQ4 question