New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with injectors or something fuel related?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with injectors or something fuel related?

So about a year ago i bought my first LS1, and i immediately fell in love, a year later she's been having problems. The money just hasn't been there to do all of the awesome things we all plan on doing to our babies.

So anyways, In the process of trying to sell it i had someone come out and test drive it. While he was driving it all seemed well until he got into it, it started backfiring and missing like I've never heard before. Keep in mind that this only happens when the car is in drive and moving, if you rev the rpm's up in park or neutral no miss or backfire occurs. The motor is incredibly hesitant and tbh very frustrating. So i take it to auto zone with their "experts" and they ran codes. All they could tell me was that there were miss fire codes and as a result could be my injectors, fuel pump or coil packs. It also came up with and o2 sensor could possibly be bad. My question to the wonderful people here at LS1 Tech, What do you think the problem is. I would think that if it was a coil pack or injector it would idle the crap and run like crap at all times and not only when you get into it. The fuel pump im not sure about, and obviously im no expert at this. Now prior to this problem occurring the only engine problems I've had is a slight miss here and there at idle and VERY occasionally when im actually in motion. so some insight would be much appreciated. i can add more details if any of you need to know.

Thanks,
Frustrated T/A Owner.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Nothing on this? Hmm. well i guess if it's what auto zone says it is then it's not worth selling, ill just sell another car and build this one up.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Check fuel pressure at fuel rail, spark and fuel problems get worse under load so it makes sense, I cracked a spark plug when putting in headers and it ran poorly. They should be able to tell you what cylinders were misfiring which might narrow it down a bit.