New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on a setup please!!

Old 03-22-2004, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Opinions on a setup please!!

hey guys i just ran into a nice chunk of change 3 g's, and i wanna go faster,of course. my mods right now, :
2000 Camaro SS A4
3.73's
home porting polishing maf and tb
all free mods
lid
bmr panhard
bmr lca's

Now this is what im looking for, 400 rwhp n/a, 500 w\ n20

i dynod with what i have now at 326hp and 339 tq
i drive my car almost every day probably around on average 15 miles a day, sometimes ill go on 150 mile trips, occasionaly.

now my idea to get there was:
pacesetter lt's no cat y pipe

3" cutout in I pipe,keeping stock cat back

MTI SSf 3500 or sf3000 (Im a little worried about going with the 3500 because i dont know if it is very streetable, plus im not totally understanding of the stall speed deal, if iam at a red light and am driving normally when i start to move am i not really going anywhere till im at 3500rpms? i dont understand the concept.)

GM Hotcam( i know its not the best but im looking for a little lopey idle, and i wanna be able to spray 100-150 shot. Also when i do a cam swap what else do i need to get it done?springs retainers etc...?)

Hand porting and polishing and cc the chamberson stock heads( my dad has sone this before so i should be ok with that! what kind of gains should i see?)

NOS or TNT or any other dry application(i need obviously the convertor and cam to work well with n20)

Walbro intank fuel pump (What size, or do i even need one?)

30# ford injector (needed???)

Lowering the rear end 1" (to try and get some traction)

15x10 Nomad II's (jegs and summit )with M/T et streets(will those rims fit, also what size tires are best??)

Ls1 Edit(what should my...Shift points,and tuning for n20. Is there anything else that should be done?

Is there anything you guys think i should change, i know alot will say different cam, so im open for suggestions, IM open for ANY suggestions and thoughts you guys might have. ive been researching this stuff for weeks now but theres just too much stuff to think of and its getting a little confusing so i figured i would ask you guys, after al ya'll are the experts.

Thanks guys and gals

Russ
Old 03-23-2004, 12:17 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your not going to even be close to your goal of 400rwhp with that setup. BUT, it should be a nice streetable setup at that though.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:16 AM
On The Tree

what will i need to be at 400? bigger cam..??
thanks
Old 03-23-2004, 09:43 AM
TECH Veteran

hey, you have two post in this forum read my reply in the other one

Search this Thread