Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!! Odd T-56 symptoms

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!! Odd T-56 symptoms

First off I'd like to say hello. I'm new on here and fairly new to F-bodies. I need some help diagnosing what's wrong with my 98 Z28. I bought it a week ago and couldn't be happier. But over the past couple days Ive been getting a strange sound from my trans/clutch. The first time I heard it I was gearing down (rev matching) for a stop light. I went from 3rd to 2nd and before I released the clutch pedal I noticed a strange noise. Not really a grinding more like a vibration. I could feel it through the shifter too. When I pulled back out it was fine. It just randomly does it. An only when the clutch is disengaged (pedal to the floor). If I rev it slightly in neutral with the pedal pressed it does it. In neutral with the pedal out it does not. Also, my gears seem to be not as smooth changing now but maybe thats just me being paranoid lol. Any help or advice on what's going on would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

General rule of thumb: pilot bearing if it makes noise while the clutch is disengaged. Throw out bearing if it is noisy engaged.

It can always be an internal tranny issue to but more than likely just a bearing.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. I hope thats all. Ive had enough tranny issues in the past i definitley dont need abymore.. Also, Would that make my gears feel a little harder to get?