New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump/relay/other

Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump/relay/other

My 93 Trans Am is giving me problems at random. It will be fine while I am going back and forth for work from Tulsa To Oklahoma City (about once a week) which is about an hour and a half drive. But when it has been warmer the past few days when off the highway it will stumble several times usually when I come to a stop at idle, and then it dies. It restarts and repeats the stumble and dies. If I let it sit an hour or two it restarts like nothing happened. I also noticed when it gets close to doing this I can hear the fuel pump, but I have only had this car two weeks so this may be normal? At one time I took the gas cap off and it caused the car to start this after i was hearing the fuel pump and it was hot. So initially I thought fuel pressure regulator but there is no gas on the vacuum side. I can hear the fuel pump whine even as it dies which leads me to think it is working. So over 400+miles in about two weeks it has done this four times but never on a long trip. Any ideas
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

You can pick up a fuel pressure gauge for pretty cheap. My fuel pump just died out of mthe blue but other people I know had issues like you are describing.

If you decide to do a pump I picked up a racetronix from ws6store for 150.00 I believe. Pretty easy to install too.

Search this Thread