New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning to minimize cam idle loop?

Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning to minimize cam idle loop?

I just bought a rx7 with a ls1 in it and it has heads/ cams / headers. I dont know the spec of the cam but its a little too loopy for my taste. I was wondering if getting the car retune can make it less loopy. Or would I need to replace the cam entirely. It rocks the whole car back and forth lol.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

raise the idle and it will hide the lope
Old 04-15-2012, 01:22 AM

how high should I go. It idles around 1k right now. I think I'm going to need a retune anyway because sometime it would stall when I come to a light. Or the rpm drops down to like 100 and jumps back up to normal. Now I read up some post saying that I shouldn't mess with the idle screw and I should get it the idle tune in. Is it safe for me to mess with the idle screw?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by aznbadboixx
how high should I go. It idles around 1k right now. I think I'm going to need a retune anyway because sometime it would stall when I come to a light. Or the rpm drops down to like 100 and jumps back up to normal. Now I read up some post saying that I shouldn't mess with the idle screw and I should get it the idle tune in. Is it safe for me to mess with the idle screw?
i would only go with the tune, take it to a reputable shop in your area. and if it shakes the car at 1k, something is wrong.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by battousai
i would only go with the tune, take it to a reputable shop in your area. and if it shakes the car at 1k, something is wrong.
thanx for the help this is my first ls1 and its completely different from what I normally mess with. One more question will tuning be able to make it less loopy through some other means beside changing the idle?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Teching In

which is the best cam?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your car is rocking back and forth at a 1k idle I'd definitely get the tune looked at and check the motor mounts also.

Search this Thread