Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need the best car alarm, money not issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need the best car alarm, money not issue

I know the best car alarm would be to hire a team of armed ex Navy SEALs and I would on a heartbeat (have them shoot anyone who so remotely looked dirty at my car) hell I'd stand guard myself w/ a shotgun but realistically what is the best car alarm money can buy. I want one w/ proximity sensors that tell ppl to get the **** away from my car if they're w/in 10 feet and pages me instantly. I want all the bells and whistles (some **** sucking low lives bashed my window as i posted in the racers lounge). money is not an issue, hopefully under a grand. this looks pretty cool....http://www.car-alarms-accessories.co...ctor_2000.htm#
Old 03-23-2004, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

I have a viper 790XV, has remote start, hatch unlock, unlock doors, proximity sensor, and windoe roll-up. Coolest feature is it's a 2-way FM remote, so if anyone yamper with your car you will know instantly. it will also notify you if your out of range

I have had mine for over a year, never had a false alarm, the one time it went off someone WAS tampering with the car

It's not cheap, but it does give you piece of mind
Old 03-23-2004, 02:49 AM
Launching!

Yeah the viper is good, but just be careful gettin the window roll-up feature on the f-body as they have a tendency to burn up window motors as it is
Old 03-23-2004, 03:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

well you contridicted your self when you said best alarm and under 1000$. i also have the viper and have had it for about a year and a half.

only bad thing is the remots cost 100$ and i have had 3 of them. also it is a little big in your pocket if you are not use to it.

but you can easily spend over a grand espacialy with a lot of options and well the install price also. you can get moduals to were you can call and turn your car on and off if you are out of range and all kinds of stuff.

o and CURRENT alittle tip for you that i always do is i take the plastic covering that is on each button off. that way i dont sit down with my keys in my pocket and accidently roll down my windows. it makes the buttons flush with the face of the remote.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:53 AM
TECH Veteran

maybe you need security cameras and you can keep a little TV monitor with you j/k I would avoid getting something too sensitive. You dont want it going off because someone is just walking by the car, or getting into their car that is parked next to yours.

May I ask what does your car look like? Do you have aftermarket wheels, an expensive stereo, etc. Basicly a magnet for theives??

It really sucks that we can't ever have anything nice and people respect it. I had my car looking good for a while but I was just too scared to park it out anywhere for long periods of time, so I finally went back to looking stock so I wouldn't worry as much. There are always jealous people out there and some people are just bound and determined to do whatever it takes, so any security system wont keep them from messing up your ride.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had compustar in my 01 sebring and that was a two-way pager. if u breathed on my car i was gettin paged to the key-fob. it runs around 600$ but the range and features are great. shows you what doors, windows, and trunk are open, and if car is started. IMHO i strongly recommend this to you!
J
Old 03-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by droopy726
I know the best car alarm would be to hire a team of armed ex Navy SEALs and I would on a heartbeat (have them shoot anyone who so remotely looked dirty at my car) hell I'd stand guard myself w/ a shotgun but realistically what is the best car alarm money can buy. I want one w/ proximity sensors that tell ppl to get the **** away from my car if they're w/in 10 feet and pages me instantly. I want all the bells and whistles (some **** sucking low lives bashed my window as i posted in the racers lounge). money is not an issue, hopefully under a grand. this looks pretty cool....http://www.car-alarms-accessories.co...ctor_2000.htm#
I have the Avital 4400 w/ remote strat. I belive it is similar to the Viper system w/ 2-way paging LCD screen, programmable run times, car temp monitor, parking meter timer, and more. A little under $500 installed. DEI is the parent company.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:59 AM
Launching!

Want real protection ? go with Lo-Jack
All the others listed can be defeated pretty easily with "Simple Knowledge"
Once its moved you`ll never find it,with Lo-Jack recovery is available.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:09 AM
12 Second Club

even instead of Lo-Jack....DEI seellls wiht a few of the viper systems....a TRACKING system....pretty much ON Star...with more options lol

check out the website....

i believe it is

www.directed.com
Old 03-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
even instead of Lo-Jack....DEI seellls wiht a few of the viper systems....a TRACKING system....pretty much ON Star...with more options lol

check out the website....

i believe it is

www.directed.com
It's also available for the Avital system.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

DEI - Clifford is very trusted!!
Old 03-25-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not an alarm but........Wait, wait don't go anywhere! Check this out before you go.
http://www.ravelco.net/
I got the link from someone on the site that had his car stolen. He said his next vehical will have one of these. Go to the site, and read some of the things that are posted about this thing.

Tony
Old 03-25-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

stupid question but I have to ask. How does someone get rid or make an aftermarket alarm with the stock one? any problems?
Old 03-28-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PSU_Engineer
Not an alarm but........Wait, wait don't go anywhere! Check this out before you go.
http://www.ravelco.net/
I got the link from someone on the site that had his car stolen. He said his next vehical will have one of these. Go to the site, and read some of the things that are posted about this thing.

Tony
Hey, thanks for the info. I'm definitely looking into it. Does anybody know how much this Ravelco anti-theft device and installation cost? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:45 PM
wrencher

Originally Posted by droopy726
I want all the bells and whistles (some **** sucking low lives bashed my window as i posted in the racers lounge). money is not an issue, hopefully under a grand.
If I were you I'd get a daily driver that wouldn't draw attention + something you wont have to worry about in a parking lot.
You did say money wasn't an issue....
Old 03-29-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How about a .50 Cal Dessert Eagle?

Quick Reply: need the best car alarm, money not issue