Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner with questions on where to go

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Owner with questions on where to go

Hi everyone. First time posting on here. Having been looking over for the past couple weeks. Purchased a 99 Trans Am WS6 M6. Bought the car with SLP air lid, SLP MAF Sensor, hooker shorty headers into true dual exhaust with flowmaster mufflers. I'm wondering where to go with my future add ons. I would like to get at least 400rwhp. Ive been thinking of putting a cam/head package and then a new intake and TB. The other part I just started thinking of was a supercharger or turbo. I've read alot of good things on here about going the turbo/supercharger route and alot of people wishing they would have started with that. How much would a supercharge/turbo affect gas mileage compared to the other add on route? Also would I need to change the stock gears if i go with a turbo? Currently have 3.42's. I'm sure I am forgetting something, glad to be a part of this forum and community of LS1 owners. Thanks
Old 05-06-2012, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Cam alone could get you close to 400 rwhp, well over that if you did heads with it. also check the marketplace for a nice used ls6 intake. If youd motor is in good shape (not using oil) you could do a 100 shot if nos, and not worry about gas mileage
Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

I guess my concern is buying a lot of add ons and then still wanting to do more, and then having to change them. Im looking to spend in the neighborhood of 4-5k on new parts. Not sure if I can even get a forced induction kit for that kind of cash.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

You'll always gonna want more , that's just how it works. You have a pretty good budget to work with. A lot would depend on how much of the labor you do yourself and how much you have to pay to have done. You will be pretty tight on that budget to do any forced induction. Head/cam/intake would probably be your best bet and make good power. Don't forget to budget 400-500 for a Dyno tune