Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel cell street setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel cell street setup

ok guys after many attempts to stop a tiny crack leak in my tank im ditching it. this will help to serve two purposes. one no more gas leak, and two it will free up tons of space under my rear bumper to put the dual exhaust i want.

car 89 240sx
Im going to be cutting out the spare tire well (all rusted) and welding in a box for the fuel cell.

now here is my question that im researching. currently im running a walboro 255 in tank, with standard rubber lines to a vette fpr mounted under the car. from the fpr im running 6an braided up the rails.

im wanting to put a street fuel cell in. 16 gallon is fine. i dont need this tank to be certified, i do no road racing or drifting.

basically i cant use my intank walboro im guessing. also all the fuel cells i see use 8an feed lines. im guessing its ok to use 8an-6an reducers off the fuel cell. can i still use my vette fpr with some 3/8 5/16 push on to 6an adapters and what fuel pump do you recommend.

my engine is cammed with all supporting mods and lt's. just wanna make this swap in fuel system easy.

can i mount the pump before the fpr? since my fpr and 6an hose i have is already mounted and cut to that length.

suggestions?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Whether the pump is in-tank or inline is really up to how it was designed. Some are setup for an in-tank pump. Your pump is an in-tank version that cannot be set inline.

Your FPR has to be downstream of your pump and filter.

Quick Reply: fuel cell street setup