Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car dosen't like cold air?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car dosen't like cold air?

So this is completely a butt dyno question but I'm curious if others feel the same thing. I jut brought this car home last fall and now that we're into summer it seems to really love the heat!!! When I start her in the morning and drive for an hour, the engine feels a bit rough. However, if I park for 10-15 and re-fire it up it smooths out nice and feel way snappier! Same thing if I start it up for the drive home and it's been sitting in the sun all day, runs great and feels way more responsive! The only variable I can come up with is the IAT reading much warmer air and telling the computer what's going on. You would think with a lower ambient air temp. more fuel would be added and hence more power but it totally feels the opposite. It seems to be loving warm air. Anyone else have this going on? 2002 TransAm (no WS6) SLP lid/KN only mods done so far.

Thoughts?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like mine better when it's cool..sounds better throught the rpm range until it's warmed up. Performance wise a DRY 75-85 degree day it responds the way it should, add any humidity or moisture to the air with those temps and it struggles to breath. Typical with a sensitve engine.