New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 camaro SS question

Old 06-26-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech

I just purchased a 1996 SS with hurst shift how do I know what number of production this car is and how rare it is?
THanks Jason

found it on shift plate car# 1036 I run a body shop and picked it up for 2500 bucks needs about 3k in work and will have a clean title. It appears to be a steal only has 10k on the odometer has level 2 suspention package and hurst shift.

oh yeah leather as well, do any of these make it particularly rare? I am not a huge fan of this body style and was thinking about turning and burning it.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Teching In

the 96-97's are way more rare then the 98+ ss's. they were sent out to SLP for the SS upgrades (SLP did the 96-97 SS and WS6 cars). there might be a sticker in the door jamb listing all the options added by SLP if u havent seen that yet or it hasnt been removed
Old 06-26-2012, 06:23 PM

it does indeed have that sticker. I was told buy the guy I am buying it from that the Hurst deal makes it verry rare like maybe only 200 of them had that and even less had that and the leather. Just don't know. I am going to fix it sell my BMW and drive it untill it sells I figured I would ask a pretty penny as I am sure I will fall in love with it once I get it out to the track. We have a autocross and a drag strip here in Bremerton WA.

Is there any must do HP upgrades I should look into? Looks like it has 305 HP now I think my wifes SS trailblazer may give it a run for it's money as it sits. I have slips of consistent 14.2's with that.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say that you got a hell of a deal for 2.5k on a 96 SS that only has 10k on the clock. Restore that ride and drive it!!

Search this Thread