Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y2Y Codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Y2Y Codes

What are all the options the Y2Y code could signify? Just asking for my own knowledge. Went and looked on a few other forums and the guys could barely tell there ******* from their elbow. lol Thanks guys.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

From my understanding, a Y2Y code is pretty much just an indication that the car is not just a base SS (WU8) and has additional options from SLP on it.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
From my understanding, a Y2Y code is pretty much just an indication that the car is not just a base SS (WU8) and has additional options from SLP on it.

thats what i figured, i was wondering what the options could possibly be? if anybody has a complete list or knows where i can find one that would be pretty awesome.

oh and good looking car, ours could almost be twins lol
Old 07-28-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Call SLP with your VIN number, they will be able to tell you all the options the car has and even the day it was built.

Also thanks, I saw you had yours for sale on here a little while ago. I think, could be wrong, real clean car regardless though man.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
Call SLP with your VIN number, they will be able to tell you all the options the car has and even the day it was built.

Also thanks, I saw you had yours for sale on here a little while ago. I think, could be wrong, real clean car regardless though man.
I appreciate it, ill have to call SLP and figure this out because it drives me nuts. lol
Old 07-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

if you search through the stickies here you can find a thread that defines most of the codes.

edited for wrongness!

Last edited by cdgreg; 07-28-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

i have a y2y code but no additional slp content. I called SLP and confirmed this but i might go to a chevy dealership and double check.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

I forgot to mention that if you open your passenger side door there is a white sticker (mine is incredibly worn out) that has additional options listed, mine said performance exhaust, synthetic oil package, and something about floor mats
Old 07-28-2012, 12:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Some corrections....

"Y2Y" does not equal any one specific option (such as dual/dual), just simply "additional SLP content". By 2001 or 2002, I think all SSs started getting this RPO, even if they didn't actually receive any additional content beyond the base package.

The GM dealer will not be able to help you with this. If you get a run down of your RPOs based on your VIN, all this will show you is the same Y2Y that you already see on the SPID sticker. To actually discover what the extra Y2Y options were, you either need to look at the supplemental SLP door sticker on the passneger door (mentioned above, if yours is still readable), or look at the supplemental window sticker that would have originally come with the car when new, or contact SLP with your VIN.

Originally Posted by 01BlueSS1995
What are all the options the Y2Y code could signify?
Ask and you shall receive. Here is a build count total from 2002 for SS cars that received additional SLP content. On this sheet you can see possibile options that could be had. This may not be complete though, because I know there was a synthetics package also offered that I don't see listed here....not sure why:

Old 07-28-2012, 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Some corrections....

"Y2Y" does not equal any one specific option (such as dual/dual), just simply "additional SLP content". By 2001 or 2002, I think all SSs started getting this RPO, even if they didn't actually receive any additional content beyond the base package.

The GM dealer will not be able to help you with this. If you get a run down of your RPOs based on your VIN, all this will show you is the same Y2Y that you already see on the SPID sticker. To actually discover what the extra Y2Y options were, you either need to look at the supplemental SLP door sticker on the passneger door (mentioned above, if yours is still readable), or look at the supplemental window sticker that would have originally come with the car when new, or contact SLP with your VIN.

Ask and you shall receive. Here is a build count total from 2002 for SS cars that received additional SLP content. On this sheet you can see possibile options that could be had. This may not be complete though, because I know there was a synthetics package also offered that I don't see listed here....not sure why:

You are the man! thank you, thank you. i think i may have been on of those 01 cars that simply got the y2y. unless my 10 spokes are considered slp content? that would explain it! or is that more of a dealer thing.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

my SS came with an SLP DD. dash plaque. SS mats. syn. lubricants.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:43 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Originally Posted by 01BlueSS1995
You are the man! thank you, thank you. i think i may have been on of those 01 cars that simply got the y2y. unless my 10 spokes are considered slp content? that would explain it! or is that more of a dealer thing.
Glad to help.

If your 10 spokes were chrome, then this was an additional SLP option. Base SS content included silver painted ZR1 style for '98 and '99, and silver painted 10-spokes for '00+. Chrome ZR1 and 10-spokes were SLP options.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Teching In

I know this thread is really old, but, I just wanted to chime in about the Y2Y Code. I own a 2001 SS, Mine does have the Y2Y package and the extra sticker y'all mention, but, the sticker is on the driver side door (under GM's original RPO Code sticker) , not the passenger side. The sticker is very faded, but includes, Chrome 10 spoke wheels, BF Goodrich g-Force tires (275/40ZR/17), "Camaro SS" floor mats, Synthetic oil, Dual-Dual Exhaust, "SS" Grill ..... hope this sheds a little light.

Quick Reply: Y2Y Codes