Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car stalking?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car stalking?

There are definitely a lot of members here with some really nice cars, so I figure there are some people who know what I'm talking about here.
How do you handle people following you places to check out your car? It's new to me - and it's cool and all - but when I'm in my neighborhood and they follow me home, it seems a little creepy.
Thoughts? Stories?
Dan
Old 04-04-2004, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DANSLS1GTO
How do you handle people following you places to check out your car?
headers and cam have worked for me so far..keeping people from following me

Seriously though, if your worried about it dont take any chances. Look into an alarm, if you have a nice stereo, insure it just in case. Stay out of 'those' parts of town too :p
Old 04-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't say I've ever had them go all the way thorugh my neighborhood! No real stories though, ususally get people walking up to me at gas stations asking about my car and some that follow me for a little bit.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

no ones ever said anything about my car, but when I had my last truck, people would always ask me this and that
especially ricers and people in ghetto-fied rides. ALOT of people asked how they could lower their car, and I always gave them the worst possible advice......like, "yeah, you can definitely take your springs out and just have airshocks." or, "I would recommend cutting the coilsprings in half at least"
Old 04-05-2004, 02:04 AM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

Originally Posted by onyxxtreme
no ones ever said anything about my car, but when I had my last truck, people would always ask me this and that
especially ricers and people in ghetto-fied rides. ALOT of people asked how they could lower their car, and I always gave them the worst possible advice......like, "yeah, you can definitely take your springs out and just have airshocks." or, "I would recommend cutting the coilsprings in half at least"
...... i once was with a friend and someone followed us around town for a few minutes with a video camera. creeeeeeeepy. .
Old 04-05-2004, 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

yea, and that is why i have a lift on my truck, so when they get on my ***, i just back up my tires on top of his damn HOOD

but yeah, i have seen that before, it is crazy. I had the problem in the 69!
Old 04-05-2004, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I get two reactions from people..."wow is this a 2004?" ( i try to keep it clean and pretty so i guess these people have no idea) and "take daddy's car home". (im just a shade under 19)

my father drives a taurus station wagon and wants nothing whatsoever to do with my car.....

i dont usually get people following me but i do get a lot of compliments at gas stations and such. i

i also get A LOT of people asking me to do burnouts in traffic...

Last edited by DeepBlueZ; 04-05-2004 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a car follow me to work. I suspect casing me to rob me later. I went through the parking lot and circled around the car. Sure enough the were not going to my building so I followed and wrote dn the plate number. I held my pencil and paper up really high so they could see what I was doing. Next I followed them around for a little while then turned off.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:33 PM
NKAWTG...N

yea downshifting usually takes care of that problem with me. i get alot of questions since mines rare. never had any stalking or anything...deepbluez, i get that alot too. when im in the vette i always here people muttering under their breath. then again the vette is my moms so they "technically" are right...but **** the haters.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Yea the other night I was stoped at a light with a crappy truck that was tryin to spin its tires so I pulled up next to him and threw him a few revs. The two guys in the truck started freakin out over my car. They got in front of me and turned into a empty parking lot but I kept on drivin. Then like 5 miles down the road I turn into a Target paking lot and who do I see in my rear view mirror? The shitty truck. He pulled up next to me and he looked high as hell. He asked me if I knew where any "hoes were at" and I just told him no. They both started askin me about my car and wanted me to do a burnout for them but I just said no. They left soon afterwards. I just thought it was freeky fot them to follow me for like 10 miles to a store paking lot but it was kinda funny. Other than that mostly people asking me about my car when I'm washing it or getting gas. The best is when a car full of hot girls honked at me and started waving.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Stoleit, you have the same car as me so you know what Im talkin about.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Teching In

DeepBlueZ, I'm 19 and I get the same "Dad let ya drive his car on dates does he?" I have a full time job, how hard is it to fathom that I could be driving a car that is 4 years old (I understand they may think its newer). There's kids out there in '03s and '04s. New one every month. And that's why we get so much crap from people, cause kids out there who get a new porsche every model year thanks to their wealthy parents. My dad drives a late 80's lincoln

If the insurance doesn't kill ya, owning one of these beautiful car's isn't impossible at our age. I'm very glad too. Cause when the girls find out it is your car, it's over ladies and gentlemen
Old 04-05-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have had one guy in Dallas follow me a couple of blocks to ask me if I would sell my car to him, and after saying no its not for sale, he goes" well it would be a real easy target for someone to steal", so I showed him the Kimber 45. with Magsafe prefragmented ammo tucked into my belt holster (I have a federal license to carry anywhere) and replied, "this car isn't worth giving up your life for but it is worth alot for me to consider taking one for, so if you are saying what I think you are saying, I'll go ahead and take care of business right now if you would like me to..." He backed off so quickly there were bugs splattered on the rear windshield of his POS....so much for the macho gang members.....
Old 04-06-2004, 02:09 AM
Teching In

Yea, I drive a Navigator (that I bought) and while I've never been followed I get, "wow you have a navigator... did your parents..." (NO!) "and "wow, that's impressive, your parents didn't... " (NO!) FYI... my old man drives a Kia, :-) I do get compliments on the truck, and woman trying to get up in my grill, but I don't want a girl cause she thinks I have money, been there with my gold digging ex. Hopefully when I get my Z, then I'll get followed, not in a creepy way, but to get compliments, and maybe offers to buy for double the price.
(Joker) that's funny, my friend carries a Glock or something else that's a lot smaller (depending on the situation), licensed too. I have to wait til I'm 21 to carry a concealed weapon.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I strongly recommend that those who are legally able to carry do so, I stopped a rape in progress with my 357. , interrupted a convicted murderer was released on parole after serving half of his sentence from raping and beating the **** out of some 19 year old girl in a parking lot.....so much for rehabilitation. Our right to protect ourselves from scumbags who want to jack our cars or do anything else is pretty basic...the cops are a means of secondary protection and for cleaning up the mess, use your rights or lose them. Along with NHRA I belong to the NRA and my wife and I are not afraid to walk the streets or drive them........Someone following you? Thats called stalking and almost always precludes an act of violence. Protect yourself and let them know that you will ventilate them...law abiding citizens don't cause crime, criminals always do, just my opinion...
Old 04-06-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I think someone is following me, I won't drive to my normal area where the car remains parked at day or night. I'll lead them someplace else then double back so they don't know where the car is parked.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

I won't have anyone stalking me no more after my car got hit by hail.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Yeah - being a girl with a sports car calls for all sorts of trouble and some of the situations I've found myself in are just flat out scarey and looking back...man, i've been lucky. I'll always stop and talk at the gas stations or while I'm out but i've also had the problem of people deciding to follow me around. I never let them follow me back to where I live no matter what.

When I got the car my dad told me something I'll never forget, "That car's got a lot of horsepower, and if you need to use it, use it."

Excellent advice for anyone.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

I've never been followed, and I hope I never am followed unless its somebody trying to race me.....
Old 04-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Joker
I strongly recommend that those who are legally able to carry do so, I stopped a rape in progress with my 357. , interrupted a convicted murderer was released on parole after serving half of his sentence from raping and beating the **** out of some 19 year old girl in a parking lot.....so much for rehabilitation. Our right to protect ourselves from scumbags who want to jack our cars or do anything else is pretty basic...the cops are a means of secondary protection and for cleaning up the mess, use your rights or lose them. Along with NHRA I belong to the NRA and my wife and I are not afraid to walk the streets or drive them........Someone following you? Thats called stalking and almost always precludes an act of violence. Protect yourself and let them know that you will ventilate them...law abiding citizens don't cause crime, criminals always do, just my opinion...
Wow, if there's ever a shoot-out at the drag strip, you'd be in heaven!...