New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i put on my aftermarker bumper lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i put on my aftermarker bumper lights?

I bought clear bumper lights to replace my current orange ones for my 2000 z28

My only problem is how? It didn't come with any instruction on how to install these lights.

I'm no car mechanic, but if i a set of instructions i can install it.

Please help!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take out your headlights atleast thats how i did it.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's pretty simple. For one, if you SEARCHED, you'd find several threads on this subject.

That being said, it's pretty easy. Crawl under your car, unplug connectors from the housings, unbolt the housings, and twist 'em around 'til you can get them out. Then Stick the new ones in and connect them.

Seriously, search is your friend. You spent longer making this damned thread than it would have taken you to search Google and find your answer.

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...w=1280&bih=922

There you go. The first search I tried, the FIRST LINK HAD YOUR ANSWER OH MY GOD I WANT TO CHOKE YOU.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

At least it's in the newbie section and not in the advanced engineering section...that's what burns my ***.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

still... the pure laziness is what gets me.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed...
Old 08-14-2012, 09:11 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulling the headlight is probably the easiest way. Shouldn't take but 5 minutes to swap both!
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 08-14-2012, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Guys give it a rest. Yeah it's probably easier to search, but no need to drag it on and on.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wish members would put as much effort into actually helping a member as they put into pissing and moaning about how people should search...

OP, removing the headlights is the easiest way to do it on an LS1. Once you get the headlights out the side markers are right there for you to access and replace!

Also, welcome to Tech
Old 08-14-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by roninsonic
It's pretty simple. For one, if you SEARCHED, you'd find several threads on this subject.

That being said, it's pretty easy. Crawl under your car, unplug connectors from the housings, unbolt the housings, and twist 'em around 'til you can get them out. Then Stick the new ones in and connect them.

Seriously, search is your friend. You spent longer making this damned thread than it would have taken you to search Google and find your answer.

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...w=1280&bih=922

There you go. The first search I tried, the FIRST LINK HAD YOUR ANSWER OH MY GOD I WANT TO CHOKE YOU.
calm down...he's new to the site, which MEANS he is also new to the features such as search.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the feedback guys.

If I wanted to do a google search I would have done so. I prefer seeing it here on the LS1Tech fourms because I feel like this site is more reliable for my Camaro needs than any other.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

What usually gets me is people complaining about how with the time it took you to create a post you could have searched and found the answer.

Well usually with the time it took to tell someone how they are stupid for not searching, they could've actually answered the question or posted a link. It goes both ways.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by egott_91
I wish members would put as much effort into actually helping a member as they put into pissing and moaning about how people should search...

OP, removing the headlights is the easiest way to do it on an LS1. Once you get the headlights out the side markers are right there for you to access and replace!

Also, welcome to Tech
Originally Posted by 777
What usually gets me is people complaining about how with the time it took you to create a post you could have searched and found the answer.

Well usually with the time it took to tell someone how they are stupid for not searching, they could've actually answered the question or posted a link. It goes both ways.
I did both. I did my bitching, moaning, and complaining, AND explained how to do it, AND posted a link. I think my bases are covered, and after doing all the work for the OP, I think I'm entitled to state my opinion.

OP, if you start your search on Google with"site:ls1tech.com" and put your search term after that, all of the results will be ls1tech threads. The forum itself also has a search function. Read the stickies at the top of this section, it covers all of it. You can't expect people to spoon feed you. They won't. Also, unneeded threads clutter up the forum and make it even harder for the next guy to find HIS answer.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 777

This a sticky from Corvette Forum

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1581191404-post1.html

While I think its important to the search. I agree it goes both ways.

Originally Posted by roninsonic
OP, if you start your search on Google with"site:ls1tech.com" and put your search term after that, all of the results will be ls1tech threads. The forum itself also has a search function. Read the stickies at the top of this section, it covers all of it. You can't expect people to spoon feed you. They won't. Also, unneeded threads clutter up the forum and make it even harder for the next guy to find HIS answer.
This is a great point too, I use the Google site search over the built in search function almost exclusively.

Another great point Ronin makes is that your responses are only going to be as good as the question is itself. If you post a **** thread expect **** answers.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 08-14-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 777
Guys give it a rest. Yeah it's probably easier to search, but no need to drag it on and on.
I disagree. I feel some people need to be somewhat hassled to make an example of for the next person to see so it might possibly change that next person's action for the better and in return hopefully de-clutter the forum making it better for all of us.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by My6speedZ

This a sticky from Corvette Forum

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1581191404-post1.html

While I think its important to the search. I agree it goes both ways.

This is a great point too, I use the Google site search over the built in search function almost exclusively.

Another great point Ronin makes is that your responses are only going to be as good as the question is itself. If you post a **** thread expect **** answers.
This.

I was a forum newbie once (about 7 or 8 forums ago), and I learned how to search due to responses mostly like mine above. The main differences being the fact that I actually POSTED the info you needed and DIDN'T use any racial slurs/ bigotry/ect

OP, you get your lights sorted out? I got bored earlier and went out to change my bulbs with some LED's I had laying around and check on my radar/laser detector/jammer hardware, and I have pictures of everything in that area if you need them.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Sorry to make everyone so upset; I Didn't realise it was going to create such controversy for me to ask a newbie question in the newbie section of the forums.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
I disagree. I feel some people need to be somewhat hassled to make an example of for the next person to see so it might possibly change that next person's action for the better and in return hopefully de-clutter the forum making it better for all of us.
This is the newbie section, meant for newbie questions. Hassling just makes people want to not come back, which is not what this section is about. If it's in a technical section then I understand...but that thread will get moved to the correct section.

If they are a true newbie they won't be seeing these threads anyhow, because typically they signed up to ask questions, not to browse through hundreds of threads. So you're not making an example to other newbies, you're just re-hashing what other members already know