New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug In Better Throttle Response

Old 04-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Plug In Better Throttle Response

My car has a response delay when i mash the throttle. I have a 98 TA A4. i foudn this product that is supposed to fix this problem.
Its called the "Plug in better throttle response" by Caspers Electronics. Its designed to eliminate throttle response hissitation when you mash the throttle down. It plugs into your throttle position sensor and optimizes your engines computer to advance ignition timing and increase air/fuel delivery when your throttle is above 70% open.

Does this sound possible? Its 90$ and it plugs into your TPS and then the original TPS wire then plugs into an adapter in this small unit to relay the new message. Im curious to see if anyone has used one and if they work. what are your guys opinions?
Old 04-08-2004, 01:32 AM
Staging Lane

I just did a search and it seems like it is another timing tricker device. It makes the TPS think you are at 100% WOT when you are above 80% .. You will think your car is more responsive and sensitive but you can accomplish the same thing by flooring the gas.

Stephen
Old 04-08-2004, 08:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tuning for real would be better, by the time
you hang 5 of these voodoo gizmos on your car
you're at the price of real tuning software, and
there's a hundred to one capability difference.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

oldest trick in the book. i think that ranks up there with the tornado and smooth bellows. LAME.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:59 PM
myZ
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by andrew1
My car has a response delay when i mash the throttle. I have a 98 TA A4. i foudn this product that is supposed to fix this problem.
Its called the "Plug in better throttle response" by Caspers Electronics. Its designed to eliminate throttle response hissitation when you mash the throttle down. It plugs into your throttle position sensor and optimizes your engines computer to advance ignition timing and increase air/fuel delivery when your throttle is above 70% open.

Does this sound possible? Its 90$ and it plugs into your TPS and then the original TPS wire then plugs into an adapter in this small unit to relay the new message. Im curious to see if anyone has used one and if they work. what are your guys opinions?
Don't buy this!!!...I read a Chevy High Performance mag like 2 years back and you can make this circuit for about $15.00 with Radio Shack parts. I'm at the library now but i will go home and read it then list the parts or find a link (Chp has a lot of electronic articals) to the schematics...i dont have a "plug in throttle response module" and not sure how good it works, but it is worth a shot.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

I agree get tuning it will be better than just "tricking" your engine.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

you could change the fulcrum of the throttle cable end so it just opens the TB faster with the existing cable, i prefer to have the full throttle line.

popular with DBW cars they program the ecu so
stock:
0....25...50...75...100%
reprogrammed:
0..25.50.75.100%.100%

so the gas pedal Makes it seem more responsive, i prefer the resolution of full pedal movement, makes it easier to modulate power. But as i said old trick. Feels more responsive is the key here.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Yea i didn't think about the fact that if you trick the computer about the throttle position it would make it non linear feeling pedal
Old 04-10-2004, 12:15 PM
myZ
Staging Lane

The artical is in Chevy High Performance April 2002 page 100-106
But like other people said you can just tell the pcm to fire the fuel injectors 100% duty cycle when your at 75% tps. I could not find a reprint of this artical but someone else can try to find it at www.chevyhighperformance.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Plug In Better Throttle Response