New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got stuff falling off of your Camaro Too?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got stuff falling off of your Camaro Too?

First, It was the Clutch Return Spring... I looked down one day and it(part of it) was laying on the floormat. DARN!

Now, I have found a fuse or something laying on the front-passenger floorboard, WTF...

It is a little (@3/8" L and 3/16"W), cylindrical type fuse that has "(UL) 3A" stamped on one of the metal ends. I KNOW this thing had to have come from under my dash... Why does my car keep shedding parts? Are these 'extra parts' I wasn't told about when I bought it? Maybe they are 'spare' parts that the factory threw in for free... I don't know

Anybody else got stuff falling off of their late model Camaro?

P.S. If anybody knows WTF this fuse goes to in the Camaro... I sure would appreciate the advice... "LS1TECH is tha' SHIZNIT!"
Old 04-10-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are no factory cylindrical fuses on the f-bodys

any of your passengers or you have a cell phone charger, or similar? thats my guess of where it came from

ryan
Old 04-10-2004, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Ryan!

You just saved me a lot of stress...

Judging from your sig, Your car sounds awesome! I am saving-up for the Vortech as well, Maybe then I can REALLY rattle some stuff loose!
Old 04-10-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slow
there are no factory cylindrical fuses on the f-bodys
i second that
Old 04-11-2004, 03:17 AM
Staging Lane

Um, I recently installed a sequential turn-signal kit and had to replace the flasher/blinker relay under the dash. The flasher I've got is round, has two plugs on the bottom, and has 224 12v Wagner DOT written on it. Doesn't sound much like yours, though. I'm not sure what, if any, other types of fuses are in there. The one I replaced was in there pretty good. My flasher came from up under the knee bolster (the panel under your steering wheel). Anybody know of any other cylindrical fuses up under there? Maybe where there's one, there's another??? I don't know.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

At first, I thought the thing came from the radio??? But now, I am guessing that my wife probably drug it in the car on the bottom of her shoe...

I appreciate all the help from you guys, I was dreading the thought of having to get all up in my dash to figure out where this 'mystery fuse' belonged. Thanks!

James
Old 04-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Did your clutch feel really different when the spring broke on the clutch return spring. Reason i ask is because last Tuesday when i was at the track i found a spring in my floorboard, but the clutch felt fine, i'm wondering if the spring came from my seat.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks

Right now she's fun to drive and looks good.

But i can't wait to get the rest of the parts i need for my vortech and get that installed

Ryan
Old 04-12-2004, 05:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WTB-a-Hawk
Did your clutch feel really different when the spring broke on the clutch return spring. Reason i ask is because last Tuesday when i was at the track i found a spring in my floorboard, but the clutch felt fine, i'm wondering if the spring came from my seat.

I could tell NO difference in the 'feel' of the clutch after the spring broke.
I searched this problem at LS1TECH and got conflicting advice about what to do about it...
Some guys said I should replace it before I kill the Throwout bearing(sp), While others said it was only there in the first place to help protect against people that ride around with their foot on the clutch 'all the time'.

What I know for sure is that: It has been @12 or 13k miles since it broke, and I still have NO clutch issues at all. (And I am pretty mean to the clutch)

I would have had it replaced allready(under warranty), but I just ain't real keen on Mr. Goodwrench breaking 'something else' under my dash, and so far I have had NO problems with it.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Hell with it then, i'm not going to worry about it, because mine feels fine, and i'm sure it is the clutch spring, what the hell else could it be.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my 02 p-seat wire fell off so i cant move the seat. no biggie though, lol