Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok i think i may have f'ed something up...help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok i think i may have f'ed something up...help

Ok it was raining all last night and today where i live and i was sitting in a parking lot talking to a buddy, while my car was running. considering i have a new set of tires in my garage waiting to be installed i figured id do a little burn out on the wet asphalt. but i had a brain lapse and forgot i turned off my traction control when i got in the car and i hit the button again (engaging it) and i reved up and dumped the clutch to burn out some (it was wet so it wasn't gonna catch for **** and i knew that...) and my traction control turned itself off and allowed me to spin freely. i drove home, no issues, car is running just fine just worried that i busted the trac-lok or something. however, the traction control did work on the way home when i gave it some extra gas at the light just to make sure itw as working. anyone else ever did anything like this...
Travis
Old 04-11-2004, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

It's fine, dont' sweat it.

A
Old 04-11-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

i dont think that u can mess up the TCS...unless u have a abs problem...i wouldnt worry about it~
Old 04-12-2004, 06:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Remember - the TC systems at their best can only maximize the traction that is available, not generate extra traction. Therefor the system could have been on and still allowed you to spin, because it couldn't do enough to adjust for the conditions.
Dan
Old 04-12-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i know how it works, it turned itself off completely though. The light on the button went off, the "low trac" on the dash went on as well as the ASR Off light. then when i dropped the rpms right after that, all of it came back on and started working again hopefully i didnt mess anything up. seems to be fine but...i han a brain fart and im just wondering if that 5 seconds of stupidity screwed up a good safety feature on my car.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everytime I race (track or the street...but I do not condone street racing! ) I get the LOW TRAC light when I shift into 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. Don't sweat it, these cars can handle what you did with no problem
Old 04-12-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your fine just wait till you get a line lock...and do a nice burn out with tcs off......watch the preety lights ohhhhhhhhh
Old 04-12-2004, 02:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

don't worry about it your ok