Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals....where to buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true duals....where to buy

I am looking into buying a true dual setup and I dont know a good place to buy them. I've seen some on texas-speeds website for like $529 and I've seen them on lanesperformance.com but they dont list a price (going to call them). Has anyone ever done business with lanes? Has anyone bought the texas speed setup? Thanks for any replies.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out true duals system is not shipping yet, but we plan to do a special intro when they are ready They will fit the hooker & pacesetter headers first. Lane's offers a great selection of true duals for all different headers so shoot them a email also

Jason
Texas Speed

Originally Posted by Kansas 99z28
I am looking into buying a true dual setup and I dont know a good place to buy them. I've seen some on texas-speeds website for like $529 and I've seen them on lanesperformance.com but they dont list a price (going to call them). Has anyone ever done business with lanes? Has anyone bought the texas speed setup? Thanks for any replies.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 04-12-2004, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of people have Lane's true duals. Most people have them custom made though. Just order the mufflers and x-pipe and take it all to a muffler shop and have them connect it all up. Cost me about $420 total. It will vary from shop to shop and what kind of mufflers you get.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

How much Hp gain can I expect by going to true duals on my T/A? Does it really make a difference by going to true duals?
Old 04-12-2004, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Go talk to muffler shops in your area. Tell them what you want to do and get some prices. In my opinion its going to end up alot cheaper that way.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:42 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lane's would get my vote. I've seen his work and it's top notch. Probably not the cheapest, but worth it. He does F-body specific true duals nearly every day. Is a muffler shop that's never done it before gonna be as good? I doubt it.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TWS
Is a muffler shop that's never done it before gonna be as good? I doubt it.
that's not necessarily true. the guy that did duals on my car, it was only his second time doing it on an f-body, and i must say, i was impressed with the outcome. it only cost me about $250 also (including the price of the X, the bullets, and the clamps)
Old 04-19-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Turo
that's not necessarily true.
I agree. My muffler shop had never done this on an fbody before, and mine came out excellent. Any decent muffler shop can do this job, its not like its rocket science. I personally think its a waste of money to pay big bucks for something, have it shipped, then have it pieced onto your car when a muffler shop can make the pipes fit your car and save you money. So long as it doesnt leak and fits good I personally dont think it really matters who does it.