New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV fresh air hose...

Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV fresh air hose...

So today I decided to seafoam the ls1. Yesterday I had put it in the gas tank so today I jacked the car up today and changed the fuel filter. Anyways the nuts were rusted and it took me forever to get it undone So after I got that done I went to do a top end clean. Anyways despite printing out a whole thread on here with detailed pics, I was dumba** and didn't use them and accidently sprayed it into the PCV f.a.h. Anyways, will this have any negative effects? The car burned a little white smoke so I know some got into the engine.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The fresh air hose leads to the crankcase so you added Seafoam to your oil through the vent, which is okay (follow the directions on the bottle).
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Ok, well I didnt put it in through the hose directly to crankcase. I unhooked that one and put on my own one foot extension and sprayed it into the throttle body. The seafoam came with a long red tube so I go it sprayed into the throttle body. When I unhooked the hose only a little bit dripped out so a majority got into the throttle body. If it got in there far enough would it go into the intake or did all that fluid still get pushed back into the crankcase?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Even if it did get into the crankcase, seafoam is designed to work almost through the entire engine, oil, gas, TB, intake, etc... Just be sure, after you are all finished, drive a hundred miles and change your oil and you should be fine.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Ah ok, I was aware you could you put it in the crankcase, I just didn't know if it got in that way if it would have any adverse effects. Thanks for the replys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCV fresh air hose...