Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just one of those days....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just one of those days....

Anyone ever have those days when ur LS1 just feels like it has NO ***** at all? There is nothing wrong w/ my car what so ever and yet today, i dont really drive hard unless i'm racing which happens maybe 8 times in a year....but today it just felt like incredibly slow. What could this be? Just my imagination?
Old 04-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes I feel the same way, but i think you just get used to the power. What i do when this happens is drive any other car for a little bit (my moms 5speed maxima, dakota, LT1 caprice, or whatever is around). And then hop back in yer f-body and punch it, then it feels like out-of-control faster than anything.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Time for some new mods...
Old 04-26-2004, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with Rchumsae you are just getting used to it. Let someone else drive it while you ride and it will feel real fast.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Drive my truck, it's big, slow, and can't handle. My car feels insane after drivin the truck
Old 04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah only two things to do when you get used to your car. (unless it's really hot outside and killing power). Drive another car or get another mod........or both
When I drop my car off for a converter in June i'll drive my g/f's cavalier while it's there thne see how it feels when i pick it back up
Old 04-26-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Just change the oil or wash it, everyone knows this makes it faster LOL
Old 04-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ss rally red
Just change the oil or wash it, everyone knows this makes it faster LOL

I find that a full tank of gas does the same thing.

...time for more mods! You're used to the power it's making. Go for a ride in a 9 second car then drive your LS1. It'll really feel slow.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

yeah driving another car will definately make you appreciate your car
Old 04-26-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

i agree.... when that happens, i just jump in the blazer.... it handles all sluggish and is a slow one....
Old 04-26-2004, 11:04 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how wierd, i jumped in my blazer the other night and had the same feel. the tranny was out of my z for the night so i took out the old green goblin (the blazer). i couldnt believe it, felt like i was driving a 4 banger with a blown tranny. i used to think it was decently fast but now i just feel like an idiot. it had the multiport injected vortec 4.3L and could outrun any other s-10 i came across but now its just rediculous. the z felt like a rocket when i got the new clutch in it.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
how wierd, i jumped in my blazer the other night and had the same feel. the tranny was out of my z for the night so i took out the old green goblin (the blazer). i couldnt believe it, felt like i was driving a 4 banger with a blown tranny. i used to think it was decently fast but now i just feel like an idiot. it had the multiport injected vortec 4.3L and could outrun any other s-10 i came across but now its just rediculous. the z felt like a rocket when i got the new clutch in it.

Yeah it's amazing how an ordinary car or truck can make your LS1 seem soooo good LOL It's a sure cure for the blahs
Old 04-27-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

i have the 4.3L vortec 5 speed 2dr blazer. put an exhaust on her and an open cone air filter to let it breathe better. she has a little pep to her compared to others, but she is a sluggish monster when compared to the Z...
my Z28 has actually caused me to kinda "hate" my blazer. I get frustrated driving it because it does not respond like i am used to in the camaro...

Old 04-27-2004, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kinda clutch did you go w/? Its almost time for me...i've been askin around what clutch feels heavier than stock b/c i hate the mushy feel. I'm interested in RAM so far they are the only ones that claim to be heavier pedal feel than stock. My clutch now just feels like i lose power b/c its not grabbing like it used to....would u say this means its on its way out or am i jumpin the gun?