Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

airlid problem!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 01:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default airlid problem!

i got a TSP airlid and since ive had it installed. ive noticed that the underside of my hood near the nose has started to slice at the front left lip of my airlid and seems to be gradually getting worse. has anyone else experienced this prob?, i tried girnding down the part under the hood but was unsuccesful.
any suggestions? and if i do the lower air box lift mod will it get even worse?
Old 04-28-2004, 03:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the lift mod and a direct flo lid and I have no problems.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is the lift mod fairly painless? im intrested in doing it but im not sure on a good way to go about doing it. could you point me in the right direction as to find out how to do this.
thanks!
Old 04-28-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest I forgot I did that until you mentioned it. When I got my car in 98 I didn't know about LS1TECH or did it exist back then? I did the lift mod on my own and haven't heard about it since. Is it listed as one of the free mods? I hope we are talking about the same thing. Lifting the airbox for a bigger opening right. At first I used a stack of washers and then I took them off and used a bid thick nut that was big enough for the bolt to slide through without touching it as long as the bolt could still go all the way through to grab the threads on the car. It moved it up a little but nothing major. When I got my car it was in Jan 98 and there was nothing about these cars out so I did some of the free mods before I read about them. Like the Free Ram Air. I don't think many people use a block off plate for the FRA when it is raining but I'm a little cautious when it comes to that. So I cut a piece of black counter top and put it in there for rainy days it is real thin. Hope this helps it has been for ever since I done that I hope I'm telling you right.