Old 04-29-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Warranty Question

How do you blow your engine and have it covered under warranty? * cough*
Old 04-29-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Um....you have a warranty and blow your motor...

Nitrous can be checked for, so i wouldnt go that route. I would have them change the oil, and then loosen up the filter as soon as you leave so its dumping oil steadily. Drive it till it pops and be like 'wtf yall just changed my oil!'

More than likely thatll cost the lube tech his job, so thats up to you....
Old 04-29-2004, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

well damn! I know my warranty is probably one of the best out there.. so.. If I have them change my oil, or.. since Im getting my 60k mile service done... somethin I can do there?
Old 04-29-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anything you try doing after service work is done is going to cause all kinds of problems for whomever did the work... and that's not cool at all (not that purposely blowing your motor and claiming it on warranty is either)

However... 1 option could be to mix in some coolant with your oil... it'll eat up the bearings and should be noticable to the tech doing the oil change... lower the coolant in the radiator some so it looks like you're loosing coolant... (drive it around for a while after)

Then it all depends on how far they check to see where the coolant came from (they'll most likely assume it's a head gasket).. then just gotta hope they don't determine it was it was on purpose... also make sure they will warranty a blown head gasket and the damage it causes...