Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Car trouble

How's it goin all. gotta problem and the dealer can't figure it out. 4 days ago i was driving and the car stalled like 4 or 5 times. A couple at highway speeds, when i would restart the tach would not move at all. did this for about 10 seconds. it would backfire and get kinda like a gurgling sound to it. so i parked it and called the dealer took it up and left it for 2-3 days they found nothing in their "test drive." So what happens today you ask? While driving from McDonalds to work (1 1/2 mile away) it stalled 4 times and the tach again went to zero with the same sound as before. The SES light would flash but not stay on. While driving home from work today (only made it about 4 blocks) it stalled and was hard to start. SES light flashing. so i pulled over and called a tow truck. when i pulled it into my drive way tonight the SES light was on and the gurgling sound. any body got any ideas as to the problem?
Old 05-01-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

When the SES light flashes that means that there is a misfire or misfires. I would go to a Auto Zone( if you can make it) they will pull up the code that set the light. Atleast you will find out what set the light by the code they pull. Then i would go to the dealer give them the paper that you got from Auto Zone and they will be able to probably fix the problem.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

The flashing SES means the engine is f#cking up bad enough to damage the catalytic converters. Sounds like your fuel pump is getting weak. The popping through the exhaust is usually a severe lean condition. The fact that the engine stalls and gurgles also indicates a fuel problem. Your pump could be getting hot and shutting off.