New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's up with the new GM High-Tech?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up with the new GM High-Tech?

I thought only the import tuner mags and Mustangs and fast fords needed models in order to sell their magazines The car on the front cover sells itself What the hell were they thinking?!? Oh well, guess it's not near as bad as the male-enhancement add I saw in either Super Chevy or Chevy High Performance a couple issues back Absolutely awesome car, but flowmasters
Old 05-02-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by Salvaged_Z
I thought only the import tuner mags and Mustangs and fast fords needed models in order to sell their magazines The car on the front cover sells itself What the hell were they thinking?!? Oh well, guess it's not near as bad as the male-enhancement add I saw in either Super Chevy or Chevy High Performance a couple issues back Absolutely awesome car, but flowmasters
I know where youa re coming from with your thoughts on the import tuner mags and fast fords, but a great lookin' girl is the best accessory!
Old 05-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

This is true
Old 05-02-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the chick on the front is just what the mag needs to spice things up.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

New editor is taking lessons from what John Hunkins did with MM&FF years back (surprised Hunkins couldn't get it thru when he was editor). Got so bad I couldn't have the mag in my living room cause it wasn't appropriate for the kids to see. Unfortunately sex sells and if you look at the size of MM&FFF now I think the strategy worked. Wonder if GMHTP plans to go that way too?
Old 05-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Teching In

How about the pic of the owner of the car standing next to the model? That one's funny...
Old 05-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The difference between MM&FF and GMHTP is that I actually get issues of MM&FF in the mail.

You mean you guys don't like hot chicks? Hmmm...
Old 05-03-2004, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Art_Vandelay
How about the pic of the owner of the car standing next to the model? That one's funny...
Yeah seriously. You think the guy would have dressed up a little for a photo shoot.... The chick has a great body, busted face. The car is f-ing sick though.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
The difference between MM&FF and GMHTP is that I actually get issues of MM&FF in the mail.

You mean you guys don't like hot chicks? Hmmm...
Yeah im with you what is wrong with you people
Old 05-03-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: In the Keebler elves freg'n tree house eating freg'n cookies

I'm cool with the chick, but the old logo was much better. A 3 year old could have designed the new letterhead.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

i dont think the mag is the same i didnt see **** in there that helped me out just feature cars
Old 05-04-2004, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by iB2slow
i dont think the mag is the same i didnt see **** in there that helped me out just feature cars
Right, this is what I'm kind of trying to get at here. Yeah, I knew somebody was going to pull the low-blow "you must be gay joke" funny it had to be the Mustang lover first j/k! Chicks have always gone hand in hand with cars/motorcyle photo shoots and that's cool--for calendars or pinups . However, when is the magazine going to be mostly about hot girls, feature cars, and e.t.'s with no mods listed? I like picking up the magazine and reading it for the tech articles, and _a_ feature ride is always fun to see. I take a little pride in picking up and reading my chevy mags b/c they're usually very professional looking and filled with decent articles unlike other car company mags that I've seen. I wouldn't have much interest in the magazine anymore if it became filled with mostly entertainment and tech articles which elementary kids could read. I know somebody out there's gotta know where I coming from. Not trying to over react or anything. Just trying to say that I think a magazine filled with models and personal rides is and I hope GM High-tech doesn't go that route.
P.S. I don't think the guy could afford anything better to dress up in for the photo shoot after all the money in that car I think he tried to make it up with that pose of his. As far as the model, I'll be nice and say that there were better looking pics inside the mag. of her.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

You guys shouldn't rag on GMHTP too much, as it is basically the only magazine out there right now that caters to our crowd. If you want to see it grow and improve, show a little support.

As for the girl on the cover, I sure as hell didn't see anything wrong with that! The only reason I pick up an Import magazine at the store and thumb through it is for the women - they have us beat in that regards by a looooong way.

Im sure Ronnie didn't show up for the photo shoot planning on being in the picture, most of those owner shots are taken by request of the photographer, nobody really plans on posing with their car. I know several feature car owners that have said that they showed up after slaving on the car to get it detailed, and didn't expect (or want) their photo taken, but the magazine insisted on it.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

i dont have have a problem with the **** and *** in the mag its just that all i saw was feature cars and no tech articals (other than FAST) and i know they are the only mag for us and thats why i am so disapointed in this months issue its not the chicks its not the feature cars its just there was no comparison tests mod list or **** like that thats what i didnt like about it **** i wouldnt care if the joined with playboy and 1st half was GMHTP and the 2nd was playboy **** thats killin 2 birds with one stone as long as i can pic up the mag. and learn something thats all i want to do and if i cant do that then i dont like it just my .02
Old 05-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Im sure Ronnie didn't show up for the photo shoot planning on being in the picture, most of those owner shots are taken by request of the photographer, nobody really plans on posing with their car. I know several feature car owners that have said that they showed up after slaving on the car to get it detailed, and didn't expect (or want) their photo taken, but the magazine insisted on it.
I kind of figured that. Still was a funny pic though; poor guy. I do like GMHTP a lot, that's why I subscribe to it. I even like the guy's writing style who uses the big words. I'd just hate to see it turn into an entertainment rag b/c I enjoy the read more than looking at it.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

What issue are you guys talking about? I just recieved the May issue yesterday, and there's no girl on the front. Just the yellow ZL1 and a CTS doin a wicked burnout.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

LMAO your 2 months behinde dude that was last issue you just got
Old 05-04-2004, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah that's the last one I got. I had to e-mail them and tell them I had never received an issue. I got the May one yesterday in a manilla envelope. I wonder if someone is jacking my magazine.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Launching!

I got that one in March....
Old 05-04-2004, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

lol yeah i got it in feb.