Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers

Hey guys, I'm pretty new with mods. I've read up a lot and I just had a question. On headers, do I need to find ones with EGR fittings since i have a 98 trans am. I just needed some help, thanks guys!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to retain your emissions then you'll need to get the correct headers for your year (I believe 99 & 00 will work fine, too).
Old 09-05-2013, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by o Crimson xx
Hey guys, I'm pretty new with mods. I've read up a lot and I just had a question. On headers, do I need to find ones with EGR fittings since i have a 98 trans am. I just needed some help, thanks guys!
I deleted the EGR system out of my 2000 SS when I installed my Kooks longtubes and you have a few options. If deleting EGR, you (need/highly recommended) a tune to zero out the EGR table in your PCM and for after you install headers. Deleting EGR will clean up your engine bay. You will need to either buy or fab up a plate to block off where the EGR is currently routed into the top of your LS1 intake. You could kill 2 birds with one stone and buy a LS6 intake which is a upgrade, since its a better design and doesn't have EGR fittings. Also you may need/want o2 extensions.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Sweet, thanks man. I did plan on getting an ls6 intake. I'll probably take your advice and go ahead and delete the EGR.

Quick Reply: Headers