Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASR and ABS confusion please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR and ABS confusion please help

I have a 2002 Camaro Z28 with LQ9, 5.3 heads, MS4 cam, kooks lt headers, yank 4000 stall, cold air induction, with TSP mail in tune( yea I know wasn't good idea)
I have searched archives but can't find my answer, just getting more confused. I am wondering about the connection between ASR and ABS. I want to disconnect the ASR because I forget to turn it off and try and show out a little and it spins just a little then hits rev limiter( or sounds like it does) then shuts car down for a sec then takes off again. If I turn ASR off it runs great. I was wanting to know if I disconnect it will it have any affect on my ABS. Thanks for your time.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

ASR(TC) and ABS are part of the same system. can't de-activate one without de-activating the other.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's what I was afraid of. So does ABS still work if switch is off? I have never seen a car do what mine is doing when ASR is on. Gotta be something to do with not having a custom tune yet. Is that possible? It does surge with idle from time to time and will go dead if I don't keep RPMs up. Thanks for the help, much appreciated

Quick Reply: ASR and ABS confusion please help