New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgrade fuel injectors or no- currently stock internals

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrade fuel injectors or no- currently stock internals

OK so I have a 98 trans am. I have bbk Lt headers and y pipe With no cat back. Also typhoon 96 mm manifold. Removed egr and smog. Now my problem is cyl 7 is misfiring did a compression test and passed, swapped coil, new plug other was completely fouled and black(cyl 7), so what I am getting at is I believe the injector is causing the problem so I plan on replacing injectors. I can't decide on replacing with stock for now and upgrading later or upgrade now since I have to anyway. Eventually the plan is to cam the car and my last mod will be nitrous, but iM still pretty far from these things and need my car to run correctly. So should I replace with stock injectors or go like a 36# or 42#. Please help I know everyone has #7 issues and have been reading non stop for days. Also after running at the track last week my fuel pump was whining but not currently doing so
Old 10-06-2013, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you put higher flowing injectors in now you'll also have to have it tuned. You'll have to look into which is cheaper having you car tuned twice, now and then again when you put a cam in, or buying injectors twice. Also 98's have slightly higher flowing injectors than 99-02's so they don't always need an injector upgrade with a cam and bolt-ons. As for the N2O it depends on whether you go with a wet kit or a dry kit, with a wet kit you wont need to upgrade injectors.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:43 PM

Thank you for the reply that answers my question I will be replacing with 28lb injectors. Do you have any idea what the part #s are for the injectors or other motors with the same 28lb that do not require a tune
Old 10-06-2013, 01:47 PM

In order to rebuild injectors what must be done
Old 10-06-2013, 05:53 PM

Manifold absolute pressure/bark sensor high input. P0108 new code that just came up. So maybe my problem doesn't have to do with the injectors? This and the cyl7 mjsfire are up as of today this just came on. Any input on people they may know what's going on is appreciatd
Old 10-09-2013, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Cylinder misfire wouldnt occure with a bad injector. Im going to bet your plug wire is bad.

Quick Reply: upgrade fuel injectors or no- currently stock internals