Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gimme a RWHP estimate please

Old 05-05-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gimme a RWHP estimate please

* 6.0 Iron block
* Stage I #241 LS1 heads (I have my reasons for these)
* 10.2:1 CR
* Comp XE 212/218 .522/.529 114lsa cam (I might go with the XE High Lift version of this cam if it will make a MAJOR difference in HP output)
* Stock Exhaust Manifolds (only for now....Supermaxx LT's coming)
* Magnaflow 2 1/2" Duals with an "X" pipe and cats
* LS1 intake manifold
* 4L80e tranny (I figure about 27% drivetrain loss )

Any reasonable guesses on horsepower numbers ??? (I ain't expecting HUGE numbers, just better than stock)
Old 05-06-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

In TWO DAYS time NO ONE has ANY GUESSES ??????
Old 05-06-2004, 04:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

310 at the wheels with that kind of a drivetrain loss maybe??? stoock bottom end? That's a REALLY small top end package.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
310 at the wheels with that kind of a drivetrain loss maybe??? stock bottom end? That's a REALLY small top end package.
My reasons for the ls1 heads and smaller cam is to keep torque up at lower rpms..... The ls1 heads stock flow better than the stock '99 iron heads I have now so ANYTHING is an improvement, I am debating a Stge II port job but even a Stage I is gonna benefit me (and the heads were FREE...so it's even better), and the bump in CR certainly can't hurt anything

do you think I could go to a bigger cam without sacrificing low-end on a 6.0 ??

and yes....the bottom-end IS stock

Remember....my truck weighs 5600lbs !!!!, without decent low-end torque I'll be worse off than I am now
Old 05-06-2004, 05:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think there's alot of options of cams that'll perform a lot better than that one. Honestly, i think that came will only disapoint you. that thing is smaller than a hotcam. Easiest way to find a cam if the most important thing to you is bottom end torque:post a Thread in internal engine saying "most bottom end TQ cam??" and ask those guys. I am no where near a cam guru, but i can tell you that that cam ain't gonna give you the gains youre wanting....expecially the 114 LSA...with the tuners we have for our cars/trucks nowadays, you could run a 111 LSA in that truck and REALLY dial in where that power peaks at. Sorta like compressing your power...think of it this way...the lower the LSA, the faster your peak Hp/tq will come in you RPM range...I don't think the answer is all in lift/high lift profile. Alot of it is in the duration as well.....like i said, just make a post in internal engine about what size cam they think is best.....Me, i could be completel wrong saying the cam you have picked is too small, but it just seems that way to me..
Old 05-06-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

thanks....I'll do that

Search this Thread